𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. volleyball

THE COLDNESS that filled her body in the middle of the night woke her self up, wiping her eyes as she looked around the room

THE COLDNESS that filled her body in the middle of the night woke her self up, wiping her eyes as she looked around the room. Confusion hit her body as she tried to remember what happened the night before. She turned her head to see no Jeremiah.

She quickly got up, worry filling her body as she walked down the stairs. She rubbed her eyes and stumbled outside, slowly opening the door.

Her heart skipped multiple beats at what she saw. Jeremiah and Belly kissing.

She shook her head, rushing inside as she slammed the door behind her. She didn't know why she was angry. But, as she smelt his scent on her hoodie she knew.

Jeremiah Fisher was somebody she had always been close with. He was her first kiss, her first friend and she had always loved him. But, he had always chosen other girls over her year after year. Between the hookups he had, the girlfriends— she was always the friend. The best friend.

Her fingertips grazed the portrait on her desk of him holding her in her arms as the sun shined behind them. She remembered the moment like it was yesterday.

"Let's take a picture! It's so pretty!" Teddy smiled, the sunset hitting the water perfectly. It was one of the last sunsets at Cousins that summer and in a couple days Teddy was gonna be going home.

He came up with the idea. They were gonna be up all night just talking at the beach for as long as they could handle it. She admired it. She admired him.

Jeremiah laughed as she grabbed his hand, pulling him towards her as she propped her phone up on the rock, setting a timer on the picture.

"Okay, okay! Um, what should we do?" Teddy asked him, before he looked at her glistened skin, picking her up with ease as her legs wrapped around his waist. Her giggles filled his ear and he held her up, smiling as she put a hand on his cheek and pressing hers against his, closing her eyes.

The picture was already taken but Jeremiah didn't put her down but only staring up at her. Teddy laughed, about to jump down before he lifted her back up against him. Her laughter died and she fumbled an eyebrow at him, "What?"

"Nothing. You're so beautiful." Jeremiah whispered, letting her put a soft hand in his hair. Her body slowly dropped down from his arms, staring at him with awe.

This was the moment she realized her feelings for Jeremiah, letting his hands rest against her hips. Jeremiah was about to speak, before Teddy latched her lips onto his.

Teddy realized something she hadn't before. No matter how much she tried to stay away from him, she couldn't. The feelings she dug deep into her heart, had came up so fast seeing him in Belly's arms.

Oh my god. She loved Jeremiah Fisher. She loved his blinding blue eyes, his messy curls that she always fixed for him, his annoyingly perfect smile— she loved him. She was in love with him. But, she was to late.