𝐯. fourth of july

TEDDY GROANED, taking a seat on the couch with her twin, laying her head on his knee

TEDDY GROANED, taking a seat on the couch with her twin, laying her head on his knee. "I hate this fucking holiday. It's so bullshit. Fuck America," Trey laughed, shaking his head. "It's the Fourth of July, come on. I thought you loved fireworks."

"I do love fireworks. Just not what comes with it," she sighed, overhearing the conversation between Belly and her mom. "Your dad is coming with his new girlfriend." Laurel spoke from afar.

This is when Trey knew what was really wrong, putting his book down to rub her head, "Moms coming?" Teddy nodded, "Dad went to go pick her up."

"I know you don't along the best with Mom, but she is still apart of this family." She scoffed, "Yeah, I know. I just wish," she paused, sighing, "Things were different."

Trey shook his head, "I know. There is nothing we can do to fix that, just make her feel comfortable. God only knows where she has been this summer and half this year." He was ignored, Teddy only zoned out anxiously, "Hey."

She lifted up, her eyes droopy from exhaustion, "Hate you not." Trey treased, making her crack a smile. "Hate you not." She said, getting up from her seat as she walked up the stairs.

Jeremiah was going down the steps, purposely hitting the girls shoulder as she was glued to her phone. Her head swung backwards, giving a glare before she realized it was only him. "If looks could kill, huh?"

"You a dick," Teddy chuckled, "I was only thinking about manners."

"Mhm," He nodded, "Sam's on his way back if you wanted me to wait with you?" Teddy thought about it, looking at him then her room, "Sure, yeah."

He followed her to her room, looking at the picture frame on her vanity. "You still have this?" Jeremiah hurried over to it, looking at the first group photo they ever took at Cousins. "Of course, I do! I have every single picture literary ever token here." She chuckled.

Jeremiah put it down, "Lucas coming today?"

"Yep. He'll be here soon, around the time everyone gets here." Teddy said, taking a seat on her bed. She was so scared. She hadn't seen her mom in so long. What if she relapsed? What if her mom wasn't the same?

"Do you think my mom relapsed?" She played with her fingers, looking at Jeremiah with sad eyes. "Teds," Jeremiah turned to look at her, moving her hair out her face, "I just don't want to relive what we had to go through to get her back healthy. And if she relapsed I don't think I'll ever be able to see her again. My dad he," Jeremiah put two hands on her face, softly caressing her cheek with his thumb, "She will be fine."

Teddy looked around his face nodding, "I'm sorry your dads not coming." She mumbled, "That's okay. I have you guys."

The sound of a car honking made her heart pound, standing up off the bed. "I guess I'll see her now." Teddy sighed, anxiety taking over her body as she rushed down the steps to see her mother.