𝐱. a deb & her escort

TEDDY WALTZED in her room, practicing so she didn't embarrass herself

TEDDY WALTZED in her room, practicing so she didn't embarrass herself. She seemed to always do that. She always seemed to do stupid things that lead to something worse. Like last night.

Teddy twisted her ankle, falling down onto the ground, and punching the hardwood floor. Her dad poked his head through the door, looking at the girl in confusion.

Seeing her like this reminded him of her mother. Her couldn't have her sad and angry. He wanted his precious girl happy like she always was. He knew the cause, tilting his head at her.

"Come on, get up." He said, walking into her room. Teddy sighed, taking his hand as he held her hand in his, beginning the waltz. "What's on your mind?"

"Nothing, Dad." Sam rolled his eyes, "Don't give me that B-S. Tell me the truth." Teddy shook her head, taking a deep breathe. "I realized I was to late. My feelings for— he is in love with Belly and I see that now. And I can't have him but, he is the only person that makes me feel like myself every single summer. Every day."

Sam stopped dancing, pulling her cold body into his, "He loves you so much, T. You don't see it, but I do. As your father, I know. I wouldn't be standing her right now if I didn't think Jeremiah wasn't the one for you. You love him?" He asked, now pulling back as he looked at her.

Teddy couldn't even think straight. Her mind was like a flash. Everything she had ever thought of Jeremiah was ten times deeper then before. Tears weld up in her eyes as she nodded, "Yes. I love him."

Sam let go of his daughter completely, now smiling and pointing a playful finger in her face, "Go get your man back, or it'll be me and you in that ring, understand?" Teddy let out a chuckle, nodding as she hugged him once again. "Thanks, dad."

Sam nodded, "I'll leave you to it. When am I meeting, Jai?" Teddy scrunched her face, "It's Kai- Dad, get out!" She rushed him out with a laugh, shutting the door behind her.

Kai Blake was so nervous he could barely think. Even though he had been an escort before, it was with Teddy, I mean seriously? He remembered past summers before he would stare and stare at her. His friends thought he was so weird because he would never speak. But, he didn't care. He just wanted to look at her.

Jeremiah couldn't even breathe in this moment. Jeremiah couldn't take not being able to not hold her. Tell her that she was the only one on his mind, that she was his mind. She lived there rent free for so long and she had no idea. He had spent so long pushing his feelings down, he tried to make it a reality. But, once it rose back up to the surface, it was like a punch in the gut.

So, as he walked back hand in hand with his date, Teddy was only staring away from them and he was only staring at her. "I'll be back," he said to Belly, following far behind her outside.

"You guys are cute." Teddy knew it was him, not turning to look at him. "Not as cute as you and Kai."

Teddy gave him a sarcastic laugh, turning around to the boy. "What do you want?" Her voice was calm and quiet, but so harsh. He looked down at the floor and back to her.