stranger | miguel o'hara x y/n 🥀💋

a/n: enjoy, this is a hurt/comfort :) cred to nxghtshvdes ( sae sae <3)  for helping me come up w this x

also light tw, there will be some light scenes that might make readers uncomfortable, not too much, just for the plot.

-

I held my breath as I walked into the cafe. My heart pounded in my chest as I looked around for him. I saw him and we waved at each other before I walked up to the cashier and ordered my coffee. 

"Hey." I sat down at the table. He licked his lips and smiled. "Hi" he replied. 

I had recently got back into dating, it hadn't been my thing since I found that you could only really love someone if you had known them beforehand, but I wanted to give it a second shot. 

John was the name of the man who sat across from me. We chatted for about ten minutes and he invited me over to a nearby cafe. 

"So, how's your sister?" I asked, trying to fill the silence between us. I honestly found more interest in Caroline than him. "She's doing well, how's Luna?" My Labrador was waiting for me with my brother at home. "Shes fine." I answer, taking a sip of my coffee.  Well, this is gonna be awkward.

The tables were pretty close together, I could feel his knees touching mine. A shock took over my body as I felt his hand wrap around my knee. I looked around uncomfortable for someone, anyone, to notice. But no one did. 

I gulped as I felt his hand travel higher up to my thigh. My eyes searched the room looking for someone who could help me physically. My eyes finally landed on a bulkier looking guy, with a white shirt, black pants and a black jacket, looking down at his phone. Bingo.

My mind snapped back to his hand, moving even further. I put my coffee down on the table and wiped my lips with a napkin before placing it beside the coffee and getting up. John looked at me, a look of confusion and surprise upon his face. 

"I, uh." I looked behind me then back at him "Have to go to the bathroom." I finished. A small smirk appeared on his face, causing a shiver to go down my spine. He starts getting up when I give him a particular look that says I'd like to bleed in peace, thank you very much. 

He nodded, but I feared he was becoming too overprotective. I walked past the man in the white shirt and our shoulders brushed. I turned around to look at him. "Oh, excuse me." I tried my best to signal him something without John noticing. 

I walked into the stall and waited a few minutes, then washed my hands and walked out. My eyes darted across the cafe as i walked slowly, looking for the man. I spotted him and walked over to him. 

"Oh my gosh hey!" i said, holding his arm "how have you been?" I looked from john and back into his eyes, and felt a wave of relief wash over my body as I realized he understood. He gave me a side hug "hey, cookie." I chuckled. His voice was so pretty.

I took his arm and dragged him towards John, who was confused. 

"John, meet my best friend, met in high school." I smiled and stood there, holding the man's hand. John seemed to notice that too.

"Miguel." the man introduced himself. "Nice to meet you." 

John's eyes kept drifting to our clasped hands, so Miguel wrapped his arm around my waist and looked at John. "Good job scoring this one, she's amazing." I faked a laugh, but somewhere deep down it was funny. 

I hadn't known John very long, but it wasn't hard to tell he was a bit jealous. 

He looked down at his phone then back to me. "Uh, Caroline needs me to help clean up, so i guess I'll talk to you later." he said.

I nod and smile at him and watch as he exits the cafe, a hint of anger in his walk. I look back at Miguel, who's already looking at me. 

I wrap my arms around him. "Thank you so much." he does the same and i feel him smile on my shoulder. "Of course, just stay safe okay." 

I pull away gently and look at him, then look down at my shoes and ask. "Do you think you'd, uh, wanna hang out sometime?" I cringe internally.

He smiles, and I swear I see a hint of pink in his cheeks. "Sure" he replies. "Okay!" I say a little too excited. I search around my bag and pull out my phone and hand it to him. He puts in his number then looks at me and smiles. 

I smile back and get a text from my mom saying we need you over here, come over asap. 

I turn back to Miguel. "Uh, i have to go. but thank you again, talk later!" I half yell the last bit as i open the door and walk out the door into the warm fall sun. I stand in the sun for a bit then start walking home. What a good day to be alive.

a/n: so hopefully you guys liked this one, tysm to sae sae for inspo n chatting w me abt miguel lmao, love u babes. but yeah vote n comment if u enjoyed, request on the first chapter and have an awesome day! stay hydrated too 

x, rai 

w/c:927

date:02/08/23