Chapter IV

Chapter 4: Tech

"I am Tech."

Tech
——————
Mysterious Traveller

"So...you are Tech?" Link asked as Tech removed his hood. "You look...weird."

Tech ignored Link's rude comment and nodded. Link stared at Tech, not wanting HIM to be his companion.

"Look, Link. I am only trying to help you. Let me ask you a question: Who are you?" Tech asked.

"I am Link!" Link said.

"No, not your name. Who are you?" Tech asked. "Who's your family? What's your occupation? Why are you here?"

"I—I don't know," Link said, tears brimming in his eyes. "I don't know who I am, or what I'm doing. I can't remember anything!"

"Whoa, calm down!" Tech exclaimed, pushing down air with his hands. "It was just a question!"

"Why are we in a graveyard?" Link suddenly asked.

"Cause all good adventures start in graveyards!" Tech said.

"I don't know about that," Link muttered. "Who sent you here? You're not from around here. You don't belong here."

Those words stung Tech, but he brushed it off.

"Purah sent me here. She sent me here to help you with this journey," Tech explained.

"Well, I don't need your help," Link snapped.

"You don't know anything about Hyrule. You don't even know yourself! You take the wheel! I'm just the passenger!" Tech said.

"What wheel? There's no wheel here," Link stated, looking around.

Tech face-palmed himself before saying, "It's just a saying. It means you lead me and I'll follow!"

"Fine, fine! You can be my companion!" Link said, waving his hands around in defeat. "Now, this Sheikah Slate is driving me insane! There's a Shrine here. Let's go do that."

"Oh, I can't do the Shrines," Tech said.

"What? Why?" Link asked.

"The Shrines are specifically built for the Hero. I'm the assistant, but you'll be fine on your own!" Tech said, winking.

"Right..." Link said.

Tech's P.O.V.

Kakariko Village is peaceful. Link is currently doing the Shrine and I'm having a wander around. Despite the Sheikah being discriminated against and blamed for what happened, they still remain humble and kind to passing travellers. They still remain loyal to those who are either descendants of those who fought in the Calamity, or those who were actually there.