Chapter XVI

For most of the memory chapters, the memory (or sometimes the 2 memories) will take up the majority of the chapter.

"Welcome to Satori Mountain," Tech said. "The safehaven for creatures."

Link overlooked the giant mountain that stood in front of them. It had a strange aura to it and it was like it was calling Link.

"Tech, we should go!" Link said.

"Okay," Tech said.

They climbed up the mountain and explored. The mountain held all sorts of wonders. It had an entire orchard full of apples, an entire orchard of Heart Durians and more! But best of all, on the top of the mountain, there was a lake. On the edge of that lake was the only cherry blossom tree that existed in all of Hyrule.

It was called the 'Spirit Tree'. On certain nights, there is a gathering that takes place there. A gathering of the spirits that look like rabbits with the face of an owl and their lord. A horse creature with the face of an owl.

"This place is full of the good stuff!" Link exclaimed as they looked around.

They noticed the sun beginning to set and decided to set up camp.

🌧️⛈️🌧️

Tech listened to the cackling of the fire while Link got some shuteye. The sun hadn't fully set yet, so if it was tonight, it wasn't for another hour or so. He really secretly hoped that he'd get to see the 'Gathering of Mythical Creatures' or the 'Cyan Pillar', as some people call it.

Closing his eyes, Tech allowed himself to remember some of the memories. Fortunately, it was one of the happy ones. And it was one that took place right here on Satori Mountain

🌧️⛈️🌧️

Tech sat against the Cherry Blossom Tree that grew at the top of Satori Mountain. He watched Zelda play in the water, laughing as she looked in awe at the Hot-Footed Frogs jumping around.

"They're so fast!" He heard her say.

He shook his head, laughing at her silliness. She was lucky that she had been allowed to visit the mountain. Her father was keeping her in the Castle unless she absolutely needed to leave. He walked closer to her as she continued to chase the frogs, putting his sketchbook and pencil down. Once the frog had disappeared, Zelda walked over to his sketchbook and picked it up.

She looked at the drawing he had been doing. It was of Hunter, his brother and it was pretty much done.

"This looks so good!" Zelda exclaimed. "It's your brother, Hunter, right?"

"Yes," Tech said. "It is,"

"It looks so good! You're a great artist!" Zelda said.

"Thank you," Tech said. "It's been good to get out of the Castle."

"Yes...if only father would allow me to do this more often," Zelda said, her smile faltering slightly.

"Hey...you know he's only trying to protect you, right?" Tech asked.

"Yeah...I know..." Zelda said. "I just wish he'd let me prove to him that I can protect myself should I have to."

"Well, maybe one day. Maybe you'll prove him wrong about a number of things," Tech said.

"What, that I'm an 'heir to the throne of failure'?" Zelda asked, earning a nod from Tech. "He's right about that."

"No he's not. Zelda, you have what it takes to become a wonderful Queen. Just like your mother," Tech said.