Chapter VIII

Chapter 8: Memory: Revali's Flap

Link and Tech both yawned as the sun streamed through the window of the inn. The breeze brought a chill to the village. The sun was not quite fully up, so it was very cold.The two put their Snowquill Armour on and set out to find some answers on this Teba guy.

"So...who do you think Teba is?" Link asked.

"Some sort of Rito Warrior is my guess," Tech said.

"Where could we find him?" Link asked.

"You're looking for Teba?" a pink Rito female asked.

"Yes," Tech said, adjusting his goggles.

"Follow me then," she said, waving her wings in the air.

They were led through the village, passing various villagers who either looked sad or scared. The children gently hummed the song of the village as other villagers urged people to shop and others strolled around, seemingly waiting for their inevitable demise.

They arrived in a hut that looked down on the grand landing pad of the village. Link stared at it, looking at the symbol painted on it.

That was when he remembered.

A blue bird touched down on the landing pad in front of Link and Tech, wind gusting at the bird's feet.

Link's Memories - Revali's Flap - BOTW OST

"Impressive, I know," the bird said. "Many people praise me for my gifts within my race, but when I finish off the Calamity with my arrows and gift, I will be a hero!"

"Give it up, Revali. We all know that Link and Zelda are the only ones who can kill Ganon," Tech said. "Your ego will lead you astray."

Link stared at Revali. Revali circled Link, as Tech rolled his eyes.

"She puts way too much faith in you. Look at you! You can't even speak!" Revali said.

"He can speak," Tech said.

"There's obviously a fraud between us, so why don't we settle this one on one?" Revali asked, ignoring Tech. "Hm?"

"Now, I don't think that's a good idea!" Tech said. "We're all friends here, there's no reason to fight!"

"Now why would you think I'd kill him? I wouldn't want to...ahem...ruin his destiny," Revali said with an attitude.

"Is anything that comes out of your beak smart?" Tech asked. "You should really control your ego."

"And why would I listen to a defect? Huh?" Revali sneered.

Tech shut his mouth as Revali went back to Link.

"Now, where should we settle our fraud?" Revali asked no one in particular. "Oh! I know! What about up there?"

Revali pointed to Medoh before gasping.

"Oh! You must forgive my rudeness! I forgot you have no way of getting up there!"

He hopped on the bannister of the landing pad before preparing to fly off.

"Good luck sealing the darkness!" He called as he flew off.

"Link?" Tech asked, waving his hand in front of Link's face. "Are you okay?"