Chapter XIV

Chapter 14: The Forgotten Temple

The Havoc Marauder flew in hyperspace

The Havoc Marauder flew in hyperspace. Omega was bored, sitting in her room, clutching Lula to her chest. Everything was quieter now that Tech was on his mission. There wasn't the sound of his chattering, or the clicking of a datapad...or the sizzling and banging of him using his tools to work on his projects.

Tech didn't sleep as much as he should. He gets nightmares regularly and they can actually be very dangerous for him if he isn't woken up quickly. Because of his enhanced mind, Tech's nightmares seem very, very real to him. Usually his nightmares are very violent and gruesome too.

During his nightmares, Tech could either hyperventilate, which could put his brain and heart at risk, or he can scratch himself, bite himself, pull his hair out, punch and hit himself and other things, which hurts him.

Hunter had built a strategy to wake him up, as it can be hard. Usually, tickling Tech behind the ear or other places worked. In extreme situations, yelling in Tech's ear or pouring water on him wakes him up almost immediately.

Omega missed Tech. Was he okay? Did he miss her?

"Kid, you alright?" Hunter asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I miss Tech!" Omega said. "I want to see him."

"He didn't say we couldn't," Echo pointed out.

"He's on a sensitive mission," Hunter said.

"Please...he didn't say we couldn't visit him!" Omega said.

Omega gave Hunter the eyes he couldn't say 'no' to. "Fine...but only a quick checkup."

"Yay!" Omega squealed.

🌧️⛈️🌧️

Tech and Link touched down on the roof of the structure they had seen earlier.

"This looks to be some sort of temple," Tech said, as they walked along the roof.

"Well, how can we get in?" Link asked.

"I'm not sure," Tech said. "But this is the roof, so I'm assuming we go find the entrance."

"Well, the end of the roof is up ahead," Link said, pointing.

"I see that," Tech said.

"Let's go," Link said.

They headed to the end of the roof and hopped down and landed on the rocky floor of the canyon. They looked up, and noticed that the entrance was high above them.

"Ugh...seriously?!" Link asked, looking at the ledge that was above them.

"We will have to climb," Tech said. "Unfortunately."

So that was how it went. Tech and Link climbed the structure, but as they were climbing, it started thundering. They were forced to slide back down the wall.