Chapter V

Chapter 5: Purah and the Deku Tree's Guidance

By the time the two reached Hateno Village, it was far past sunset. The once busy streets are now empty and the town is quiet and peaceful. Link decided to check into the inn and get some rest. Tech, having no Rupees, had to sleep outside. For the first time in a while, Tech actually cried.

He cried about how Link has been giving him the cold shoulder and how he is totally different now. Tech knew that Link had no recollection of who he was, but it was like the Link that Tech knew actually did die that day. His sorrow only grew and he cried himself to sleep.

Growing Sorrow - AOC OST

By the time they reached Purah, Tech knew he couldn't stay. He needed to get away and he needed answers. Purah won't be able to answer them, but a wise old tree might.

Tech watched as Link figured out how to open the door and walked inside once Link had. Tech blinked as Purah walked down the stairs. He rubbed his eyes to see if his sorrow was making him hallucinate, but he wasn't. Purah was truly a five-year-old.

"Stop staring, you!" She cried in a tiny voice. "I know I may look a bit too...young, but I'm still the same old Purah!"

Purah
———————
Head of the Hateno Tech Lab

Link just stared at her, not the slightest bit of recognition in his eyes.

"I feared this," Purah said, looking at Link and then Tech. "You don't remember me."

Link silently nodded.

"Well, I hate introductions, and I'm assuming you want upgrades to the Sheikah Slate?" Purah asked. "Well, I hate to tell ya, but my Guidance Stone is OOA. Have you seen a little blue terminal holding a blue flame?"

Link nodded again.

"Go bring that blue flame with a torch and light the terminal just outside. Understood?" Purah said.

Link nodded and left. Tech went to follow him, but Purah asked her assistant to shut the door.

"Not you," Purah said, tapping her tiny foot on the stool she stood on. "What's with you, huh?"

"I need answers," Tech said.

"Answers about?..." Purah asked.

"About me and my powers," Tech said.

"Well, you know who to go to," Purah said, tapping her stick on Tech's waist (which was all she could reach).

"I just don't want to leave Link alone h—"

"Oh, he'll be fine! I'll keep him in the Village until you return!" Purah said, cutting Tech off.

"Okay," Tech said. "I'll be back within a week and a half."

Tech gathered his bag and went to open the door when Purah stopped him. She walked over to hand him two Golden Rupees.

"No, I can't," Tech said.

"You're poor. Take it!" Purah said.

Tech took the Rupees before leaving with a heavy heart. He jumped up on his horse and set off to the Korok Forest.

🌧️⛈️🌧️

Link made his way through the village, keeping to himself, lighting lanterns with the blue flame he carried. He had seen Tech leaving, but decided he'd question Purah when he got back.