Side by Side ( Mingyu - SVT)

"Mingyu-yah can we meet today?" Yn asked him while he just ignored me. "I have plans" Its been a few days since his giving her a cold shoulder.

"I want to hang out with you, pretty please" she hated to come as clingy but he was her only friend. "Can you not understand that I have work to do except hanging out with you?" His voice was loud and cold, it grabbed the attention of everyone in the hallway.

Yn didn't say anything and just walked away. 'He doesn't see me as a friend anymore, I guess. I was living pretty well on my own when he wasn't there and I could live normally even now. But the thing is I don't remember what was I like before he came in my life,it was blurry as if it never existed.' she thought to herself.

"School sucks" The girl mumbled while pulling the scarf around her neck closer. It had been snowing all day, the roads had disappeared and only the white snow could be seen.

"Why did you change Mingyu?" She waited for the light to turn red just so she could cross the road. Her heart was aching thinking of Mingyu.

The road were desserted due to the weather. Yn plugged in earphones to drown out the voices and noises of the vehicles passing by. She looked around herself, only to find that she was alone and the only one who was about to head on the other side.

The light finally turned red as she stuffed her hands in her jacket and moved forward. Suddenly she heard someone scream but before she could notice and hear clearly what the person was saying, a strong impact hit her. A car had dashed right into after the driver had lost control.

Mingyu's POV :

My phone suddenly rang as I looked at the caller ID. "Auntie?" It was Yn's Mom. Why was she calling me? Did Yn tell them something. No, she wouldn't, she wasn't on the best terms with her parents recently and she confided in me for that.

"Hello!" I could only her sobs and cries from the other side, "Auntie is something wrong?" Worry spiked through me. Everything must be okay, right?

"Mingyu-yah..Yn..she got into an accident" My heart dropped at that. I met her only moments ago. Regret washed over me as I remember the words I had said to her.

"Mingyu-yah" her mom's voice called out to me but I couldn't move my lips. "I'll send you..the address" and beep was the only thing I could hear.

I wanted to hold her so bad when she said she wanted to hang out with me. I wanted to go after her when she walked away from me. But I couldn't. I couldn't do anything because I was afraid she might suffer when I'm gone.

I ran to the hospital, as fast as my feet could take. "Please be fine Yn-ah, Please." the snow was making it harder for me to run.

"Auntie!" I rushed to see her parents sitting there, dejected and hopeless. "Mingyu" I knelt down beside her, "Tell me she is fine, please" She just shook her head, indicating she was not.

"She's in coma and they say she won't probably wake up, ever" Her eyes were void yet full of emotions as she voiced out. "Can..I see..her?" They pointed out to room she was kept in.

I was afraid to see her but I knew I would regret it if I don't. I needed to see her before we both lose our remaining time.