Chapter 3

'Speak your mind,even if your voice shakes

'Speak your mind,even if your voice shakes.'
                                                           -Maggie Smith

The words in the book were strange.It was like my mind didn't want to concentrate on them.I had read the same sentence over five times now and my thoughts were going back at those dark ocean eyes.

It's been a week since I last saw him and I have lost hope of seeing him again.I mean not that he would be blissful to see me again after what I did to him anyway.

I was stupid to be attracted to a guy I have met only one time.And those minutes we talked,he was rude.He seemed that he would rather be run over by a truck than talk to me.

But something in him screamed mysterious and dark.And I wanted to learn every single detail about him and his past.

Those books are turning me crazy.

"Excuse me,miss"A heavy voice sounds and I look up from my book to see the old man whom I had asked in which direction my dog went.

A huge smile comes across my face,without him I don't even know what could happen to my dog.

"Hi sir,do you remember me?Im the girl who asked you about the missing dog."I asked him hopelessly,with the thought of thanking him again for his kind act towards me.

He looks deeply at me,narrowing his eyes as he was deep in thought."Aren't you the girl from the tax office?I told them I will pay my debt soon,and here they are stalking my every move.Listen here young lady,you can't fool me,I know who you really are and tell your boss that he has to do with grandpa Mo."

I look at him leaving,talking to himself about how shitty and ungrateful people are.

The sound of laughter,takes my attention from the door.I look at my right to look at the person whose now are crying from laughing.

"That just made my day"The owner of the shop says between laughters.

She wipes her tears with her back of her hand and then looks around the library.

"No customers today?"She asks weirdly.

"No,it's weird because other days the shop is full with people."I answer truthfully.The only customer today was the old man and he thought I was working at the tax office.

"Can you do me a big ass favour?"she asks hopefully. "Can you close the shop please because I have to go on the opposite island to get an order of books.Idiots confused the bookstores."she says with a big sigh,shaking her head disappointedly.

"Of course I can do that,you don't even have to ask"I say with a laugh.I enjoyed my time surrounded by books.As much as I loved the company of others ,nothing could compare with the peace you have when you are alone.

I see her walk to the glass door,before she opens the door she turns her head around."I have some books under the table for the lending library,can you put them on the right section?"she asks me with an apologetic smile but I'm far than willingly to do that.