Chapter 5

"Words are fragile things but they can break the strongest hearts

"Words are fragile things but they can break the strongest hearts."   
                                                               -Kavya Dixit

"What's your choice of book today Mr Adair?"I smile at him,giving him a mug with hot chocolate.Even at summer we couldn't resist the urge not to drink hot chocolate,it had become a habit,an addiction for both of us to drink chocolate while reading books.

"Dear,I told you millions times to call me Andrew."He scolds me,shaking his head as he brings me on a fatherly hug.He was the closer I could call a dad as mine was out there doing god knows what.

"What do you think about Crime and punishment?" He asks while we settle down on a table.I take a big sip of my drink from my fairy mug which I found in a cute little shop before answering him,the hotness of the drink burns my throat.

"It's a really good novel,you will enjoy it."I answer,taking another big sip of my almost finished drink."You will find it confusing at the begging but trust the process.And be prepared for a lot of crying,especially at the part when the horse d-"I tried to add.

"Don't spoil it."He puts his palm over my mouth,hitting my nose at the process as he tried to silence me for trying to spoil the book.

"I want you to meet someone tonight,I hope you don't have any plans for later the night?"He says with his hopeful eyes,looking back at me.

"No,I don't think so."I trail off while trying to thing if I have made a promise to hang out with anyone later tonight.

"Perfect!How it sounds around eight?Do you want me to pick you up?"His eyebrows knit together,creating lines on his forehead.His black hair with the slightly sparse white hairs were now messy from the many times he put his hand through them.

"It sounds perfect and there's no need to pick me up,I'll take a taxi or something."I say."work is calling."I say laughing as I bring him into another hug,his tall statue embraces me with a feeling of love and compassion.The warmth is transferred from his body to mine and I wanted to stay this moment forever,feeling someone's pure love towards me,like a father should love his daughter.

"See you later,kiddo."He kisses my forehead slightly,ruffling my hair.

I watch him,making his way toward the door.He turns around one last time to wave at me.A smile breaks across my face and I wave back.

I write down in my notebook the name of the book he chose and the date.

A pair of small hands appear on the counter.I look over the counter to see a little girl.Confused I walk around the counter and I bend down to be level with her.