Chapter 11

Not many reasons made me happy in life

Not many reasons made me happy in life.After my parents' death,I quit being genuinely happy because there was no reason after all,even if I find the men who took away their life.Yes of course I'll feel proud of myself and my group,that helped me regardless the consequences,but not happy because even if I sent them to rot in jail or kill them with my bare hands,my parents are not gonna come back from their death bed.

But today,a warm burn in my chest had awakened.It was so hot,I felt like I was suffocating from the smoke.I didn't feel comfortable in my own skin.My lungs needed air immediately to breath from all the thick,toxic smoke.And to feel alive again,I had to see her now,even is she was the cause behind the burn.

Other people copied with drugs or alcohol.My drug in that case was Liliya.

I thanked the lady and I tried to hide my smile.

Liliya will love this.

I checked my phone for any emergency calls from Holden or Roman.Apart from the cheeky texts Holden had sent me about me kissing her when we disembark from the ship,nothing important had happened.

Someone bumped into my shoulder but before I can turn around,they were already disappearing into the crowd.I take a glimpse at their face which was covered with a black mask,so it was impossible for me to take a good look.His muscular poster and clothes brought me the suspicion that the person was a man.He turns around and our eyes met.

Why should someone wear a mask in a public place?No,this can't be them.Not with her here with me.The responsibility of the boss says to go after this man because then I could possibly find out who was behind from this terrible disaster.The Orpheus a few days ago wouldn't even considered protecting someone than going after them.But now,I can't even consider the first thought.

I dial Roman's number as I walk through the crowd.All these people for a bunch of books?

After the second call,he picks it up,breathing heavily through the phone."Where the fuck were you?"I snap,holding the phone tight in my fist.

"Boss sorry,fucking Holden wouldn't let me go."I curse them both while hearing Roman's apologies.

Sometimes I wonder why they have their position they are in.

"It's fine,truck all the cameras on the island,we are close."A loud gasp was heard through the phone and my guesses are that Holden heard it.

"Are you for freaking real!?"And my guess was right.

"Don't mess around.I'll be back in a while."

"What do you mean you'll be back?What about Liliya?"I end the call before he can start a speech again.

"Finally!I almost ate your own cone."She comes by my side,smiling brightly,holding the cone for me to take.Her eyes spark and I never observed how bright the look in the sunlight.

I grab her arm,more forcefully than I intended to but my body was on fire and I had to get her out of here right fucking now.

I can't risk losing one more person.My job was to save and protect the people in need.Even if Liliya doesn't know that she's in danger,someone hurting her would turn me into a mad man.

I'll hunt everyone down,even burn the fucking world bit by bit just to find who hurt her.

No one touches the ones I love and gets away with it.

She looks up at me with confusion,my eyes tell her not to argue with me in this.Something passes across her face and she agrees to follow me.

"Are you in mafia?Don't tell me you are the boss,this would be ironic.Oh wait,you are not gonna hurt me,right?"She releases a shaky breath before taking a bite of my ice cream.

I stay silent.Honestly that was kinda funny because she didn't seem scared of me,even if she thought I was a mafia boss.I guess the books might helped her,with being brave and collected.

"Actually,yes i am."I grin to myself.

"Really!?"She blurts out.My chest shakes from withheld laughter.

"No."Her straight expression makes me laugh even more.

"I preferred when you were all grumpy and mad."She walks past me but before she can walk any further,I press her into the wall,hiding her body from anyone to view.

I bend down,my mouth close to her ear and whisper quietly."Do you see that guy?He can't see us,so do whatever I'll tell you."

She peeks over my shoulder,looking at the guy I saw earlier.

She nods her head and proudness fills my chest.I kiss the side of her mouth,her sweet scent filling my insides.If I don't stop now,I don't think I'll be able to ever stop.Her cheeks redden and she hides her face in my chest,while I tighten my hold on her waist.

"In three we are gonna run,okay?"

"No,no running."I harden my face and she immediately shuts her mouth.

"Good girl,now are you ready?"She nods and she grabs my hand while I hold hers tight.

She lets out a squeal as we run down the road.Before we know it we are at the port,laughing our asses off,till tears prickles at the side of our eyes.

"That was fun,we should do it again one day."How I'm supposed to tell her that I can't see her again?As much as I want to spend this day on display,I can't.If I could live today centuries,I would do that.She made me feel alive.She was a drug,I couldn't get enough of.

I choose to stay silent.Guilty follows me but to reassure myself ,I tell that it was the best for her.She'll stay safe with her quiet life and friends.I'll make sure no one will touch a hair of her head.

We sat yet again on the same seat as before.As we didn't spend hours away from anyone.

I'll miss this,I never thought I'll ever say that but today was special and it was worth every damn second.

We sit in silence during the entire ride back.She looks lost in her own mind.I hold myself back from saying words I would regret later.

After we finally made it back on the land,safe and sound,we start walking down the wooden footbridge.

She turns around to face me,her face telling me exactly what I was holding myself to do from the first time I laid my eyes on her.

Maybe one taste wouldn't mind.

I stroke her soft skin,so warm under my touch.Our eyes lock and I breathe in her scent.

One last time.

Her breath hitches asI brush my nose on hers.My lips centimetre away from hers.One wrong move and maybe I'll live forever at the thought of her lips against my own.

Before I can slam my lips on hers,I hold myself back.I let go of her cheeks and her eyes open wide in confusion.

I don't dare to look at her face as I speak."I can't see you again.Im leaving town today for business and I won't come back."I lie through my teeth.My cold self came back as I wasn't the happiest person alive today.

She tries to understand the words I said but before she starts asking for explanations,I turn my back to her.Turning my back to the only person I felt comfortable with after years,but she needs to be safe.I would have made this decision over and over again.Only for her safety.

That's what I told myself and I never turned back.

A Y T H O R ' S N O T E

Hi guys!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.See you on the next one.Have a nice day!!

Lots of love,Georgia.