Chapter 7

One thing i hate most in this world is the heat

One thing i hate most in this world is the heat.I should have gotten used to it all these years but sitting outside of the bakery with a croissant in hand while i'm melting slowly from the sun and Bailey's saliva on my shoes,is not a pretty sight.

I put my croissant down and i open the white folder,taking out the two tickets.One for me and the other for Cyrus.Almost every year there was a manifestation of books on the neighboring island and i,as always,was a fool for books.There was any book you could imagine.Every kind of book,from the most craziest,dirty,books to the soft poerty who talks about true love and passions of life.The prices in some books were a plus for my trip.

Cyrus was kind enough to join me all those years back,even if he didn't like the company of books.I think the free snacks were the reason of his arrival but it was a benefit for me because i didn't want to go alone.

Bigger population,the more danger.I wanted to go there without the fear of being assaulted or thinking that i'm in danger.

My phone vibrates on the table and I swipe it off,seeing a new message from Ms Loren.I scroll down her messages for the updates with the man from the bar and wait for her to write the next text.

Boss: Are you up to deliver books for a good tip?   P.S gas is yours.

A laugh erupts from my throat.

Me: I can do that but how much we are talking to?

Boss: one hundred bucks,girl!who in hell gives one hundred bucks for three books?!

"My sweet,sweet girl,I know you missed me."Cyrus squeezes my cheeks,shaking my head side to side.He smiles smugly at me and kisses my nose before I can slap his hand off.

"Are you drunk?don't tell me you drank your mom's cognac for the recipes."

"I'm drunk in love,Lils."

"With who?I thought you liked Holden."I tease him,a soft red colour coats his cheeks.

His glare sets up on me."You know I hate him but let's talk about you Lils,who do you have your pretty eyes on?"

"You think my eyes are pretty?"I connect my hands,one on top of the other,and i set my head on top of them while batting my eyelashes on him.

A sigh comes out of my lips."I don't have my eyes on anyone."I state,looking now down at the pink table.

He chuckles,bringing my attention back to him.

"Here you are my flower,I was looking for you."Kian says,bringing another chair at our table.He spins it around and his posture turns in my direction.

He gives me his phone."Check those.Do you think they are nice enough to send them on my hopefuly art university?"

I observe the paintings quietly,looking each detail of each paint.Words couldn't describe how much passion those paintings had.They were incredible.Their dark colours made you feel alive.The alive when teardrops fall from the sky and softly hit your window while you watch them fall down to the earth or when you sit alone on a beach on a peaceful night and the cool air hits your face while the waves kiss the sandy beach.