Chapter 12

What the fuck just happened?

Rain drops fell in my skin.Dark,scary clouds covered the heavens above,turning the sky into a black endless shadow.The sea angered as the waves hit the shore with agony.

Everyone around moved fast;taking the boats out of the sea or tying them hard enough to keep them from coming loose.Others were helping people to get their bags and moved them carefully in a safe haven.One of the crew members touched my shoulder,reminding me that a storm is nearby and I need to get home fast.

I heard him because I didn't have another chance.I couldn't wait here for him to come back as much as I wanted to.Because I knew he wouldn't come back.

I thought we had grown a friendship with him but now I don't think so.He said those words like it was nothing special,as if he was expecting from me to know it and not get attached to him.For god's sakes he almost kissed me.

Thought after thought dominates in my head.Maybe I'll have to stop meeting new people,after all everyone leaves in the end.

Tears steam down my face before I can hold them.An ugly sob leaves my lips but I cover my mouth with my fist to cover them.

By the time I'm back home,I'm soaking wet.My clothes cling into my skin and my hair a mess.

I close the door quietly behind me when I face Bailey sleeping peacefully on the swinging chair with one of my sweaters.His tail wags happily while he rubs his head on the comforter.Well one of us has a good time.

I take off my dirty clothes as I enter the room.Clothes are scattered around but I'm too tired to pick them up.Maybe later.

I entered the shower and I take a long,refreshing shower till i couldn't see my own reflection on the mirror because of the stream.

I don't even bother with my hair,I just go to my couch and I drop myself in it.

After my mom died and my aunt stepped in as my guardian everything changed.I was so lonely back then and I had promised myself not to get close with anyone expect the people I knew they loved me.

Many things changed surely when my aunt left me.I stopped being so distant.I learnt to show my appreciation for the people I loved yet again.

I never believed I'll meet someone like him.He was so special in a kind of way.He might be rude at the beginning,very rude,but today he was different.He showed me that he felt something.

The clock ticked at 12 and I force my eyes to close while tears were rolling down my cheeks.Maybe in the morning it will all be better.

~~~

"Where were you?"she asks as she rolls her glass that was filled with a brown liquid..She is drunk again.And she's even worse when drunk.

Her tall posture tower over my own 5,4 one.She was a beautiful woman.Everyone admired her angelic face,her beautiful carved body and seductive voice that made someone fall for all her ugly lies.

In reality,she was a fucking monster too insecure herself that she broadcasts her insecurities to others.

The thing she hated the most was being compered to my mother.And as pathetic as it sounds,she did whatever in her power to push her down.

I never really knew her before,my mom made sure of that,but now I regret every minute I spent with her.

"I was at work,you know someone has to bring money in this house."Her glass breaks.Little pieces of glass pierce into her skin while blood poured out of her wound.But she didn't seem affected by it,nonetheless she enjoyed pain.She was indeed crazy.

"How dare you talk to me like that,you little slut!You are like your mother.Selfish and pathetic."Her words didn't hurt me.I mean I was used to hearing the worst from her.But her, talking bad about mom always triggered me,but the best I could do was to stay silent because god knows what a cruel torture she will come up with.

"Even now that she's dead,you are jealous of her."

One shift motion and her hand made contact with my cheek.

I woke up suddenly,gasping for air.The throbbing pain in my head was getting even worse now.The power was out and cold air emerged from the open windows.

I sit up,not paying attention at the throbbing pain in my head,and I walk myself to the open windows.The curtains were open,which set me on edge because they were closed last time I checked.

When I went close to my window,I confront the sea.The waves were angry and something was telling me to risk it and surf them.

The sky had a dark colour because of the storm,but my instinct consider that it's around 7 in the morning.

The desirable urge to just say fuck it,and do it grew and adrenaline had filled my veins.

And that's exactly what I did.I open my front door and I take my surfboard from the backyard.I wipe the water from my eyes,my hair already clinging in my skin and I throw them over my shoulders to remove them from my eyes.

I took the faster path for the beach,messier but quicker.I fasted my pace,I needed to be there as fast as possible.The ocean was a place I could find myself in.The angrier the waves are,the faster i'll defuse my anger and sadness.

The weather was bad.And at any second it could get worse but I need to catch those waves.Cyrus will be proud.

I throw my clothes to the ground and I run,with my surfboard locked into my arm,towards the ocean.

The wind hit my face with force.But I didn't care anymore,neither for Orpheus nor for anyone.It was just me and those waves.

As I paddled out,my heart started racing.The serene embrace of the ocean I always felt was now replaced by an ugly,painful hit.

But now it was too late to return back.I see a big wave coming my way and i start to swim towards it

I was too lost at the adrenaline I felt while surfing those waves that I didn't realize how long I had spent out here.

"You are worthless like your mother."

"I can't see you again."

"I'm leaving the town for business."

My mind drifted off to their words,I was too busy repeating those words in my head that I didn't see the massive wave coming my way.

And while I'm treading to avoid it,my foot slipped off the board,and the wave hits me with an unbearable force.

                         A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Hello there!!

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter.The next chapter is going to be of Orpheus point of you,so I'm really excited.Thank you for reading my book.

Lots of love,Georgia.