chapter 28

Present

*After that little part of the story Marinette needed a minute, it's been years but that memory still bothered her, so she excused herself to get a class of water, once alone the civilian family turned in to vigilante family*

Bruce: Jason tell me they're alive

*Jason gave a low growl as he crossed his arms*

Jason:as much as I want to and believe me there was nothing I wanted then to kill them all. They're alive, I'm not gonna compromise my life here just because I'm trigger happy old man

Tim:Jesus the hell is this?

*They all looked Tim had his phone out everyone knew why he had his phone out. Tim turned his phone and everyone looked, it was a garbage gossip website filled with the "amazing" things Lila has done like "Lila Rossi modern day saint" "Lila Rossi gives money to orphanage" "Lila rossi helping the homeless" "lila Rossi friends with MDC" and multiple horrible questions about Marinette like "did Marinette steal her designs from Lila?" "Did Marinette even graduate?" "Does Marinette support children labor?" , the sight made Jason mad and sick to his stomach as he gave a hollow chuckle*

Jason:yeah....that would be that bitch alya Cesaire

Bruce:why are there articles about you and jail?

Jason:never went but she's had it out of me since I punched her so hard I broke one of her tooth.

*Jason said grinning rubbing his knuckles*

Bruce:you did what?!

*As Jason and Bruce started to bicker no one noticed Selina walking to the direction Marinette went to*

With Selina

*Selina smiled at the children running to play outside, and made it to Marinette's room, she knocked on the opened door*

Selina:coming in

*Marinette jumped in surprise hiding her little secret*

Selina: I'm guessing your hiding the chocolate from the children

*Marinette blush a little and scratched her cheek*

Marinette:i want to say yes....this is Jason's favorites brand and I told him we ran out

Selina:your secret safe with me, of course my mouth doesn't stay shut for free~

*Marinette chuckled softly breaking a piece for Selina, Selina sat down next to her and ate the piece*

Selina:MH, i can tell why these are Jason's favorite these are Devine

Marinette:of course, because it doesn't taste like wax like your American chocolates

Selina:hm, how are you feeling?

*Marinette flinched almost chocking on her bite as she looked at Selina who had a calm smile on her face*

Marinette:Jason is right, you really are one of those put it all out there people

Selina:I don't appreciate beating around the bush or when other people do that.....unless I'm the one doing it then it's ok

*A giggle escaped Marinette's lips as she didn't notice Selina breaking another piece for herself*

Marinette:then I guess that's something we have in common.... I'm doing ok, really. I just.... I just get emotional remembering that time in my life

*Marinette said rubbing her wrist, Selina saw that and didn't have to ask to know what she was implying*

Selina: must've been hard...