chapter 35

1 month later

*It's been a month since Jason returned to Gotham almost 2 they were at the end of the 5th month. And Jason was trying to go back to his life before Marinette*

Roy;how about that one?

*We see Jason and Roy having a boy's night. More specifically Roy was tired of Jason mopping around and was gonna get him laid. Jason looked at the woman Roy picked looking at her up and down*

Jason: she's more a you type then a me type dude

*Roy groaned loud enough that even the DJ could hear it. He glared at Jason*

Roy:dude! You've said no to every single girl for the last 2 bloody hours!!

*Jason just shrugged and paid for another round of drinks to make Roy happy*

Jason:I don't know what to tell you, none of them do anything for me

Roy:dude, you asked me to take to a club and I did. You ask me to be your wingman and I did, what kind of wingman can I be if you keep saying no? Just pick a girl and have some fun. But you know remember to use protection this time

*Jason felt his chest tightening. That little comment made him think of Marinette, more importantly how he was ghosting her and now feels like absolute shit. He sighed and got up*

Jason:gotta go man, duty calls unfortunately, we'll try again tomorrow yeah?

Roy:fine, but tomorrow I'm not taking no. You will choose a girl and you will get laid

*Jason nodded not really feeling it as he just walked out of the club. Once out and walking Jason decided to be a masochist, he took his phone out and looked at the last conversation he had with Marinette*

Marinette:so when are you coming home?

Jason: should be soon just gotta take care of this plan the joker has, I think my boss said something about him wanting a warehouse for his new headquarters or something

Marinette: alright. Be careful I love you

*Jason frowned as he kept looking at the 'i love you' he couldn't look lower then that since he knew he would crack. Marinette kept sending him messages obviously worried about him. And what was Jason doing? Ghosting her*

Jason:this is for the best, this is for the best, this is for the best....

*Jason kept muttering to himself trying to convince himself that he did the correct thing even If he was regretting doing it. He made it home and just crashed on the couch. Artemis was in the room sharpening her axe for woodworking, Jason lazily glanced at her and she was still giving him a hateful glare over his stupidity*

 Artemis was in the room sharpening her axe for woodworking, Jason lazily glanced at her and she was still giving him a hateful glare over his stupidity*

Jason:if you've got something to say just say it. We both know I'm not scared of that axe or little knife

Artemis:I have nothing to say for deadbeats like you