chapter 58

Doctor:crap, this isn't good

Jason:what's wrong?!

*Jason asked feeling dread, with Marinette having a similar feeling. The doctor grabbed a scalpel and looked at Marinette with pity*

Doctor:the baby is not in a head-down position, we need to make an emergency C-section. And the anesthesiologist is on another birth, she'll have to do this without any medication

Jason:ok, ok, marinette look at me you can do this, just keep looking at me

*Jason said trying his best to comfort his crying wife, Marinette grabbed Jason's hands with both of hers and gave a very tired smile*

Marinette:whatever happens, I want the baby's health to come before mine

Jason: marinette?

*Marinette took a sharp breath as the doctor started made a deeper incisions through the tissues and separate the muscles*

Marinette:Jason I love you

*Marinette said softly, it brought the fear of God inside Jason as he held her hand tighter*

Jason:don't say that, don't you dare say that, I know what your trying to do and I don't want to hear it

*Jason was so into it that he didn't realize he started crying a little. Marinette shot him a warm smile, well as best as she could giving she was feeling the blade cut her up, she fought to control her screaming*

Marinette:doing what? I just want you to know that I love you, that this 9 months has been the best of my life, and I wouldn't trade them for the world....

Doctor:ok deep breath I've reached the uterus wall. This is where it really starts to hurt

*Marinette did as she was told, the experience was utter torture and she couldn't help but let a yell escape, it took her a bit to control herself as she got back at what she was doing. She freed her hand from Jason and raised it, rubbing her hand on his cheek, cleaning the tears with her thumb, and giving him a very tired smile*

Marinette:I mean it Jayjay, the best of my life. You are gonna be an amazing father I just know it

Jason:I...I love you too, I love you so so much, you changed my life completely for the better, and you'll be the best mom in the world without a doubt. Because you will live through this now just breath and follow the doctor's instructions

*Jason said as firmly as he could but he was failing, his voice cracked, he was sniffling, he was completely and utterly terrified*

Scene change

*At the end both of them heard a second baby crying and Jason felt as if a wave of relief hit him as he smiled seeing the nurse holding the baby*

Nurse:it's a healthy girl.

Jason:you heard that pixie? Marin made it

*Jason said with a smile as he looked at marinette, that smile quickly vanished from his face, Marinette was becoming more and more pale as he eyelids started to close*

Doctor:i was afraid of this, the pain was too much, and she lost a lot of blood. She's going into shock. nurse, Get Mr. Todd out off here, we need to act fast

*Jason wanted to stay, he didn't want to let go of her hand, but he knew if he stayed he'll just risk her life even more. So with a very heavy heart he let go and walked away with the nurse*

Scene change hours before

*The waiting room was packed by all of Marinette's family and friend when the door crashed opened, jagged was out of breath as he looked around*