Chapter 15

Brother

But those memories inside my head immediately vanish when I heard the familiar voice that came out from nowhere. Lahat na naramdamang takot kanina ay nawala na para'ng bula nang marinig ang kan'yang boses. Tila iyon ang pampakalma sa pandinig ko.

"What are you doing, kuya?" I suddenly turned back when I heard Silas deep voice from the back.

Ngunit hindi ko siya Makita dahil sa nakaharang na matangkad na lalaki sa aking harapan. Nakangisi ito sa akin at mahigpit ang hawak sa siko ko. Sinubukan kong alisin ang pagkakahawak niya sa akin ngunit mas lalo lamang iyong humigpit dahilan para mapapikit ako ng mariin.

"You're not that beautiful compared to those girls that Silas dated. So, what trick that you use to my brother? To be whipped like this?" He asked in a playful tone.

"Don't talk nonsense to her, kuya!" Silas stood in front of me and he harshly take off the arms of his brother on me.

My mouth parted, he hide me on my back like protecting me from any danger coming. Even I can't see his expression from the back I can tell that he's mad for what's happening. I can feel it from his hand the way he hold my hands. My eyes shifted to our hands— we are holding hands. Mahigpit ang pagkakahawak niya roon. I caress his palms trying to calm him down.

"Relax bro, I'm just asking her what did she do to you. I'm not doing anything to her. At kung sakali meron mang siguraduhin kong hindi na iyon makakarating pa sayo." He slowly tap Silas shoulder.

Dinungaw niya ako sa likod at nag wink pa sa'kin bago umalis. Then Silas turned to when he make sure that his brother already left the place. Doon ko lang din napansin na hindi pala ako humihinga habang nag-uusap silang dalawa ng kapatid nito. Silas notice my hands trembling.

"You okay?" He asked me I can see the worry in his eyes while scanning my whole face.

I smile at him and nodded to ease the worry in his face. But the reality my heart were racing because of fear. His brother might look playful but I can see the dagger states from him. Para bang ipinahihiwatig niya sa mga titig sa akin na kapag may ginawa akong bagay na hindi nito magugustuhan ay hindi siya magdadalawang isip na gawan ako ng masama.

"Don't mind what he said. Let's go to the library." Paanyaya ni Silas.

Nagsimula na itong maglakad sa mahabang hallway kaya sumunod na rin ako sa kan'ya. Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala na nandito ako sa bahay nila. when I met Silas, I really expected their house to be big because it was obvious that he came from a rich family, but I didn't expect it to be so big. Hanggang ngayon ay namamangha pa rin ang mga mata ko habang pinagmamasdan ang buong paligid.

I stop stepping when my eyes notice a big landscape painting. My mouth gaped, it's their family painting hanging on huge wall where we are walking. By just simply looking at it you could feel intimidated of their posture. Silas parents were seating on the french style sofa with their serious yet cold expression. While Silas and his two siblings were at the back of the sofa standing.

Silas were on right side while the man I saw while ago were on the left side. Then a beautiful and white woman was in the middle. His two brothers were not smiling but the woman was smiling widely the two were just in a poker face. I notice that she is only smiling on the painting. She looks carefree and happy go lucky type of person.

Iyong tao idadaan na lang sa ngiti ang problema. Masyado akong tutok sa painting kaya hindi ko na napansin ang paglapit no Silas sa tabi ko. I just aware of his arrival when he speak.

"That's Ate Haide our oldest sibling. She was taking her med school at UST." He mumbled.

My gaze shifted to him. Nakatingin din ito sa painting tulod ko kanina. Mariin ang titig niya at makikita ang kulungkutan sa mga mata nito habang nakatitig ito sa painting. His sight turned to me so our eyes met.