Chapter Fifteen

The car ride to Josie's restaurant consisted of Rave flirting with Val and me in the back seat in between two kids yelling

Zoey did notice Rave's flirting and gave her a look. It wasn't a bad one. It was more of an 'I have an idea,' and 'quite frankly, I'm excited to see how it plays out for my mother.'

We finally make it to the restaurant, and it appears very busy. I'm assuming we're going to be in the back room for privacy again. I allow Meylin to open her door and I get out after her, with Zoey following.

"What? Not going to open the door for me? How unladylike of you." Raven says to Valia, opening the door herself.

"Will you stop it, Woman?" Val says, shaking her head with a sly smile.

I'm relieved she isn't taking Rave's advances to heart. Val grabs Zoey's hand and playfully drags her daughter away toward the front door to escape Rave's antics. Zoey lets out a surprised scream at the sudden getaway tug, and we burst out laughing.

Raven lingers behind, finally giving Valiana a break. The ride here was only ten minutes, and she may have delivered a total of two pickup lines that Val ended up telling her were cliché and cheesy.

"At least get to know her first before trying to rip her pants off," I say, giving her a gentle shove.

"I'm trying. She's a brick wall," she replies, rolling her eyes.

"Work your charm, love. Maybe speak in a different language, so the kids don't understand."

Raven picked up a few languages during her time in foster homes as a child. I believe she knows four different languages, but I've lost count because she has a knack for learning them quickly.

"She speaks another language?" Rave asks, her interest piqued.

"She knew 50 different languages by the age of 17. Hindi was the one she was learning when I was still here. Test your luck," I suggest with a smirk, and she smirks back before walking away.

"Glad you could make it, sweetie," Elliot says happily, pulling me in for a hug as we reach the back room. She looks around and stops, smiling really big once she finds who she's looking for. "Hi! Come in. You must be Raven. I'm one of Meylin's grandmothers."

"Hi!" Rave says, going in for a hug which Elliot gladly returns. "Meylin, is your grandma single?" She asks after releasing from the embrace.

"Unfortunately for you, no," Alex smirks as we walk into the room, and the kids run to take a seat. "She's spoken for."

"Twice, actually," Josephine speaks, resting her chin against Alexandria's shoulder.

She gives Rave a pleasant smile while dangling a switchblade over her wife's other shoulder and reaching in front of Alex to grab Elliot's hand. "I almost had to cut someone for her once. I won't mind trying again," Josie says, kissing the back of her other wife's hand and walking away.