Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Soooo

"Soooo... Olivia, you kissed Malia," she begins, pausing and tapping her pen in thought. "Then... you told Rayden about it. This results in... a break-up, if I'm not wrong." She looks between them. "Then, Malia and Olivia... you two had sex for the first time. Olivia, you decide to inform Rayden, again... and then, 4 days later, Rayden and Malia... you two sleep together." She takes a deep breath, as if trying to process the web of relationships. "On that same tangled evening, Olivia, you show up at the hotel post their... rendezvous. And then all three of you... end up in bed?" She finally asks, reviewing her notepad, trying to grasp the complex narrative. "Have I untangled your entanglement correctly?"

From our respective seats, Olivia, Rayden, and I all nod in agreement, seated across from Candice Decker — the trusted therapist known for addressing the Reed family's therapeutic needs.

"Well then, I'm glad you all came," Dr. Decker nods, devoid of any judgment.

"You know what, doc? I'm glad I got to cum too," Rayden says from between us. Liv and I both deliver synchronized slaps across her chest.

There's a time and place for jokes like that, and this is not it. I don't need the therapist thinking we have more issues than we actually do. Well, we do have problems, but not in the area she might be imagining now. "Ow! I am not an animal. Do not hit me." Ignoring her protests, we redirect our attention to Dr. Decker.

"What were the underlying emotions and reasons that drove each of you towards the intimate choices you made with one another?" She asks, glancing at her notebook as she reviews everything we've shared so far.

None of us make the first move to speak, but we all notice Rayden's distant gaze. Slowly, her mouth opens in contemplation. "I was envious," she confesses. "Seeing how Olivia could confront her emotions boldly and without regret. When Malia arrived at my hotel, I didn't initially plan to act on my feelings. My first instinct was to cower, as I did nine years ago, and push her away again."

She lowers her gaze, seemingly lost in the memories of the past. "But... being close to her again, feeling her presence after all this time, I realized that I needed to show her that my previous words were just a façade. That I really did love her. That I still do." She smiles down at our intertwined hands and gives them a gentle squeeze. "If I didn't show her that, I risked her leaving me once more. The mere thought of that possibility, scared me more than confronting my true feelings."

Her soft expression morphs into a mischievous one, and a smirk tugs at her lips.  "So, I laid this good pipe on her, ensuring our time together was... memorable. Just a gentle reminder of why she should never even consider leaving me again."

"Rayden!" I yell, throwing my hands up and delivering another slap to her chest. Why am I not surprised she'd say something like that so openly?

Olivia chuckles softly on the other side before lowering her gaze. "To be honest, my thoughts weren't with my wife in those moments. For so long, I believed Malia left because of me. My actions weren't about getting back at Rayden. It was more like a floodgate had opened, releasing feelings I had suppressed for survival, and I couldn't stop them."