Chapter 3: Cyber Strike

The next day had slipped by since Y/N had come into possession of the strange 'Number' card, a puzzle that defied any and all possible solutions. He couldn't shake the skepticism that held him back, a nagging caution that whispered of potential dangers lurking within the card which seemingly materialised out of thin air.

The day had slipped through his fingers, devoted to fruitless research, a futile attempt to make sense of the card which stubbornly resisted his efforts.

After all of his research, Y/N decided to keep the card hidden and away from himself, afraid of what potential dangers the card may possess. He opened one of his many gadgets, the one in question being a small electronic safe, and placed the card inside.

--------------------------------------

As the sun sank below the horizon, its fading light casting long shadows across the streets, Y/N trudged homeward, his thoughts still lingering in the intricate web of his seemingly fruitless investigation.

Abruptly, chaos erupted around him. Malfunctioning trash bots, their mechanical arms flailing wildly, had plunged into an erratic frenzy of collecting and discarding, indiscriminately grabbing anything or anyone in their path. Y/N found himself surrounded, their metallic appendages approaching on him.

Acting on instinct, Y/N sprang into motion. His body moved with the precision and power he had developed over the years, each strike a calculated dance of minimal effort with maximum impact. He skilfully deflected the malfunctioning bots, causing them to collide with each other, rendering them immobile, one by one.

 He skilfully deflected the malfunctioning bots, causing them to collide with each other, rendering them immobile, one by one

(PRETEND IT WAS A DUCK, THEN A KICK)

As the sudden skirmish drew to a close, Y/N's focus shifted. A quick glance up the path revealed that the malfunction had spread to the other trash bots in the area, and were now wreaking havoc on others. Panicked civilians scrambled to evade the sudden danger, fear and panic etched across their faces.

With practiced movements, Y/N retreated to the shelter of nearby shrubbery, extracting his cowl from a hidden compartment of his schoolbag, and with it, his duel gazer mark unintentionally glowing to life across his left eye, infusing both of his eyes with a piercing red hue which somewhat concealed his identity.

Securing the cowl, Y/N vaulted onto the bots, rescuing civilians ensnared by their clutches of metal and then immobilising the bots. His movements were swift and well-practiced, each action deliberate and calculated. With measured ease, he incapacitated the malfunctioning bots, restoring a sense of order to the sudden display of chaos.