Chapter 5: In The End (PART 1)

The group, led by HIRO, embarked on their venture through the sprawling construction site, their steps purposeful amidst the towering scaffoldings and unfinished structures. Yuma's voice carried a tinge of uncertainty as he voiced his doubts.

Yuma: "Umm... You sure this is the place, HIRO?"

HIRO's gaze flicked toward his duel disk's monitor, confirming their path toward the top of the building.

HIRO: "Yeah, Yuma. We need to make our way to the top of the tower. That's where we'll find our guy."

Upon entering the building, the exposed framework gave way to enclosed spaces. Amidst the construction chaos, Casswell's keen eyes spotted an industrial elevator, a potential shortcut to their destination. With unanimous agreement, they boarded, ascending briefly as the elevator offered a momentary reprieve from their relentless pursuit.

During the ascent, Yuma's restlessness became apparent as he turned to HIRO with an eager grin.

Yuma: "Hey HIRO, after this, do you think that we could maybe possibly have a teensy weensy duel? Pleeeeeaaaaassss?"

HIRO's gaze shifted from Yuma to the elevator roof, his response measured.

HIRO: "No."

Undeterred, Yuma's enthusiasm persisted.

Yuma: "Awwww, why not? The news says that you duel criminals before you capture them, so why not duel me?"

HIRO's voice carried a gravity that silenced Yuma's persistence.

HIRO: "I don't duel because I like it, kid. I duel to make sure scum like that leave the vulnerable of Heartland City alone."

The elevator's ascent halted, its doors revealing the upper reaches of the tower. As the group disembarked, HIRO's words continued, an unwavering resolve underlying his tone.

HIRO: "In my line of work, duelling isn't a game. In some cases, it's a matter of life and death."

The journey led them deeper into the dimly lit expanse, Yuma's curiosity undaunted even as the shadows deepened.

Yuma: "But what about all of the FUN you have when you duel? Surely you find some type of enjoyment out of it, right?"

HIRO's head turned slightly, his red eyes reflecting Yuma's anticipation. A heavy silence enveloped them before HIRO pressed forward.

In the midst of this tense moment, Yuma's dense, yet inquisitive nature persisted, his attention shifting to HIRO's battle-worn armour. He caught sight of a deep crack in HIRO's cowl, a realisation dawning upon him. As he processed the significance of the damage, his voice betrayed his surprise.

Yuma: "Hey, HIRO... Your suit, it's really beaten up. What happened to it?"

Just as Yuma's curiosity seemed to fill the space, a spectral presence materialised beside him. Astral's form appeared beside Yuma, his voice calm as ever as he responded to Yuma's question. Yuma's frustration bubbled over, directed both at Astral's intrusion and the perceived obviousness of the situation.