Chapter 8: The Sparrow (PART 1)

The clock above Y/N's head struck 2am, and Y/N found himself unable to sleep. His incomplete suit lay scattered on the table, missing multiple critical parts. Feeling restless and frustrated, he decided to distract himself by flipping through some late-night TV channels. 

As he surfed through the channels, a show he hadn't seen before caught his attention. It featured a some kind of robot bird and a bear-like man, under attack from a witch's magical beam.

 It featured a some kind of robot bird and a bear-like man, under attack from a witch's magical beam

Confused, Y/N watched as a figure clad in blue burst through the ceiling's skylight, confronting the antagonistic woman. Y/N squinted at the screen, deep in thought for a moment. However, as soon as Y/N took a better look at the blue figure, his passive expression transitioned to a scowl. This 'Sparrow' character was a blatant rip-off of Y/N's own HIRO persona! The blue outfit, the red mask, even the different hair – it was all too similar.

A surge of anger coursed through Y/N as he continued to watch the episode. He observed as 'Sparrow' attempted to land a punch on the witch, only to be hurled aside by a powerful blast of magic. 

Now seething with anger, Y/N threw his improvised remote at the screen, shattering both upon impact. He stormed off to his bed, lying down to cool his temper.

As Y/N lay there, attempting to regain his composure, his mind remained fixated on the audacity of this 'Sparrow' character. It was clear to him that the idea had been shamelessly borrowed from his own vigilante persona, HIRO. The look, the actions – it was all too familiar, and it left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Y/N didn't get any sleep that night.

--------------------------------------------------

Yuma dashed out of class, excitedly chattering about an unusual ice cream and taco combination he wanted to try. Y/N was the first to follow him, catching snippets of Yuma's conversation. 

Yuma: "In the real world, there isn't any Sparrow!" 

Y/N, overhearing this, immediately remembers the frustrating character from last night. Unable to hold back, Y/N quipped as he approached Yuma.

Y/N: "Seems like Astral is quite fond of that Sparrow guy, and yet he doesn't trust HIRO?"

Caught off guard, Yuma questioned Y/N.

Yuma: "How did you know Astral doesn't trust HIRO?"