Chapter 7: The Flip Side of A-Slice-Of-Life

The school courtyard buzzed with the excited voices of students, sharing stories of their weekend adventures. Among them walked Y/N, Yuma, Tori, and Bronk, their steps accompanied by the lively atmosphere.

Bronk scratched his head in confusion. 

Bronk: "Astral?"

Yuma grinned and pointed behind Bronk. 

Yuma: "Yep! That's what he says he wants me to call him."

The group turned their attention to the indicated spot, finding nothing but empty air. Confusion etched across their faces, except for Yuma, who seemed unfazed. 

Bronk: "So... he's here now?"

Yuma's response carried a hint of annoyance. 

Yuma: "Of course he's here, Bronk. He's here all the time."

The trio exchanged concerned glances, the situation taking an unexpected turn. As Yuma continued his animated discussion with an unseen presence, his friends watched with a mixture of concern and confusion.

Yuma's voice carried through the air, filled with exasperation.

Yuma: "And to be honest, it can be quite awkward, ESSPECIALLY when I wake up with him hovering over me!"

As Yuma vented about his imaginary friend, Y/N's attention shifted to a figure perched atop a nearby staircase. An unfamiliar student gazed down at the group, a strange feeling settling in Y/N's stomach. There was something off about this, a sense that the observer might be up to something.

Yuma: "And another thing! Keep it down while I'm sleeping, would ya!" 

Seemingly getting a response, Yuma retorted with a scowl

Yuma: "I don't snore."

Tori's concern deepened, and she leaned in, whispering to Y/N and Bronk. 

Tori: "Uhhhh, do you think we should leave?"

Both Y/N and Bronk nodded in agreement.

Y/N + Bronk: "Yes, very slowly."

However, before their retreat could fully commence, a new face appeared before them, interrupting their hushed conversation. Y/N recognised the student from the staircase, a flicker of suspicion rising within him.