Chapter 4: Race Against Time

The city's frantic heartbeat reverberated through the air, an unsettling concoction of chaos and uncertainty. For two relentless days, Y/N searched tirelessly into the enigma that had engulfed Heartland City. 

The newly named 'crash bug' virus had been a riddle wrapped in binary code, a challenge that tested not only his technological prowess but also his endurance. His once-pristine vigilante suit had borne the brunt of his battles, its advanced systems falling victim to the virus's repeated attacks. Days blurred together as Y/N sifted through lines of code, each moment spent fighting against the elusive digital foe. 

Along with this, he would also have to periodically leave to go out and assist civilians, whether that be in response to more technological mishaps, stopping attempted thefts, and even in some cases needing to take crash victims to medical professionals. And all of this was done with his malfunctioning suit.

The sun's rise and fall marked his tireless efforts, and the clacking of keys provided the rhythm to his ceaseless battle with the malicious code. With every passing hour, skepticism gnawed at his determination, the solution continuously remaining frustratingly out of reach.

His suit, a collection of multiple pieces of repaired technology, had succumbed to the virus's unrelenting grip. The grappling hooks, once a seamless extension of his acrobatic prowess, now hung dormant, entangled in a digital snare. Even the propulsion boots, which had granted him unparalleled mobility, were locked in a state of disrepair. He felt the weight of each technological loss, a reminder of the virus's power to corrupt and dismantle.

Physical and mental exhaustion became a constant, the lines between days blurring into a haze of frustration. He watched helplessly as the city succumbed to the virus's insidious grip, chaos reigning for hours at a time. Heartland City, once a beacon of progress, now on the precipice of a digital abyss. The city's fate seemed to mirror his own internal struggle, the chaos within his suit echoing the turmoil that had overtaken the once-vibrant metropolis.

The realisation settled upon Y/N's mind like a sudden weight, a stark truth he couldn't ignore.

Y/N: "*sigh*, I can't fight it here, it's already corrupted most of my tech..."

If he was to track down the source of the crash bug virus, he'd have to venture into the heart of the city's intricate digital web. It was a risk he couldn't afford not to take, for the chaos that had gripped Heartland City had grown too dire, threatening its very foundation.

With his resolve set, Y/N equipped his malfunctioning suit with a sense of urgency. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on his shoulders, dispelling any thoughts of attending school. Ignoring everything else, he raced through the bustling streets, the suit's familiar weight a comforting presence against his skin. His mind was singularly focused on the task ahead – to hack into Heartland City's network, the linchpin of their digital infrastructure, and trace the virus to its source.

---------------------------------------------

His path led him to the city's main library, a hub for all the cities information. As he arrived at the structure, his initial optimism was met with a harsh reality – the doors were locked, and the windows electronically barred.