A New Start

Darkness. It was all he could see. It was cold but it felt like home. Dream just never felt it was lonely. The void was vast but to him, it will always be home. No directions or destinations in sight. Just a vast of pure darkness.

Free.

That was what he was feeling. It felt like everything on his shoulder was gone. Like it just lifted and now he felt light.

'I'm finally free. This was for the best.' Dream smiles while lazily floating in the darkness. Yet, for some reason, another part of him feels like he made this decision.

Like why was he the only one to be punish.

"Why did I think it was a food idea? Why did I have to suffer the consequences, when no one else did? Why? WHY?!" It was to much as his thoughts were running wild. He placed both of his hands on his head as he clutched his eyes closed. He grips his ears wanting nothing but to ripped them out of his head.

He whimpers while everything was to much for him. Just like that, even the darkness feels like a prison. He misses the people that he once called 'friends'. They had mean everything to him but they had went behind his back. He wanted freedom from that torturous place. He got it. A price he was willing to take despite the fact that it was the consequences of the actions that he had taken from the place he had once called his family.

The void was calling to him. He knew it was time. That he needed to be one with his world. He felt his body fading away. His mind was being combining with the world. It was becoming one with his body and mind. It wasn't't a bad feel. It was mostly unexpected to be honest. Yet, before he could completely fades away, a blue light appeared in front of him. It has a warm feeling to it. Something that Dream hadn't felt in a long time. Even though he lived in an isolated cell for the rest of his life until death.

"You Poor child. To think you had been wrongly put into a cell without fair trail by your so call 'family'." The light had spoke in a soft and gentle tone. Dream stares at the light in a confusing manner but continue to listen. "You already had suffer the consequences of your actions. So, here is a gift from me to you."

Dream eyes widen, despite being exhausted, he started to panic as the void of darkness into a void of light. His breathing started to breathe hard and shallow before he felt himself being wrapped into a hug. He started to calm down.

"Don't you worry, my dear child. This time, you will not be wrongly convicted and suffer the same fate as this life, alone."

The light seemed to be coming from his mind. He knew he should be freaking out but he couldn't. All he felt was safe. Like a blanket was placed over him. It was a welcoming feeling. Yet, Dream did hesitated about the offer that the light had given him. On one hand, he does wanted to take the offer but on the another hand, he wanted to just finally rest. It was a conflicting matter.

"If you re wondering, who am I, than worry not for I am the collective unconscious will of mankind."

Dream gave a hum but soon he frowns as a thought cam across his mind. He doesn't like it when someone would be able to read his mind and know what he is thinking.

The light soon gave out a giggle. "I have apologize. I know this was all of the sudden and going into your mind without your permission for which I am truly sorry." The light apologized to him but he doesn't believe that the apology was sincere enough. "But I will say this, your mind is complicated with vast of mystery and confusion. It had peak my interest. Yet, you hold intelligence beyond humankind and your just perfect. Why wouldn't I pass on this opportunity on you." The light had continued but something about that last sentence bothered Dream but had let it slide for now.