A New Start

As I prepared for the first day of school, I couldn't help but feel extremely nervous. It's the first day in a completely NEW SHCOOL! I suck at making friends, like how do you join into an existing conversation? I head out the front door while waving at my mom.

"Make sure to make friends!" She calls out cheerfully.

"Yeah, yeah, I know Mom."

She's always so positive, no matter what. It would be nice if there were some musicians in my class. You see my dream is to become a guitarist, problem with that is I can't play a damn thing. I've tried teaching myself, but it never works out. And paying for lessons is just too much money. Single mothers have it rough.

If only I had a friend that could teach me...

Once I arrived at the classroom door, I clench my fists and take deep breaths.

I'll be alright, everything's gonna be fine, yeah!

This is by far the worst part of the first day of school. Entering the classroom! Everyone looks at you, first impressions are super important! I can do this.

"You can come out now." The teacher says as he opens the door.

I'm ready!

I walk into the classroom. The second my foot steps into the room, whispers begin to emerge, but I don't let it get to me.

"Umm, hello. My name is Y/N L/N, I'm sixteen years old. I like music a lot and manga. Um... I'm new here so I hope I would get along with you all!"

The class doesn't say a word, instead they look at me as if they were scanning me. I look around the classroom, one person caught my eye. It was a girl, she had red hair and yellow eyes. But most of all, she was really pretty.

"You guys hear that? Y/N is new here so make sure to get along with him well." The teacher says as he pats my back.

Wow, how nice of you Sensei! My high school life is off to a great start.

"Well, Y/N would you have a seat next to Kita?"

As soon as the teacher says that the girl with the red hair raises her hand. Her eyes beam through the whole classroom.

AHHH MY EYES! This extrovert aura is so strong! This is Kita?

"Over here Y/N!"

Before I knew it, she reels me into my seat. She smiles brightly. She's really cute, damn I wanna talk to her after class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang signaling that it was time for lunch. Suddenly Kita turns to me with a big smile.

"Hey Y/N wanna eat lunch together?"

HUHHHHH!?!?!

She's asking ME? Out of all people? No, don't get your hopes up, she's just doing this out of pity that I have no friends. And the teacher did tell the class to get along with me...

You know you might've made my situation worse Sensei.

"U-Uhh are you sure? Do you really want to eat lunch with me?"

"Yup! Why would I lie? I wanna be friends with you! You said you like music a lot, right?"

"Ohh, uhh yeah."

"Me too, I love music!"

Kita leans in and looks at me in the eyes.

"So, you going?"