Tomorrow

Today's Saturday. Tomorrow's the big day day. Just knowing the gig's tomorrow makes me unable to stop thinking about it. It's going to be my first time ever performing with a band! It's all still so insane to me. I need to thank Kita for everything. What would've happened if I never had classes with her?

I look up at my room ceiling thinking.

My life would be completely different honestly. I would just be a kid with a dream and that's all. Kita was what gave me this opportunity. And Bocchi was what made me start working hard to be the best I could be in the band. She was what made me start caring for her. We are alike, so I guess that's where it started. Masaru was when I first started having feelings for her... I think. After that day I felt so inclined to protect her.

When she grabbed onto me in tears... I really felt like I did something right. It hurts me so much to see her sad.

Suddenly the sound of my phone vibrates.

Hm? Now what could this be?

I check my phone to see a message from Bocchi.

Hitori: Are you free right now? 2:23 PM

Y/N: Of course I'm free! What's up? 2:23 PM

Hitori: I wanted to talk with you for a little while in person. 2:24 PM

Talk with me?

Y/N: Oh ok. Where did you wanna meet up? 2:25 PM

Hitori: Is by the park okay? I like it there. 2:25 PM

Y/N: Yeah that's fine. I'll be on my way in a few minutes. 2:26 PM

Hitori: Ok. 2:26 PM

This reminds me of when she got fired from the café job. Don't tell me she's quitting the band now.

Within a few minutes, I was out and on my way to the park. The park is such a great place to talk and chill since nobody is ever there. I sit on the very same swing from last time and wait for Bocchi.

Maybe she wants to fix things that happened that day at her house. We haven't really talked since. And the gig is tomorrow. I was thinking of talking to her these past few days but I thought we could just forget about it all since tomorrow is a big day.

WAIT!

Maybe she might have to tell me something really important. Does she like me back? No no no don't get it twisted! It wouldn't make sense for her to tell me something like that a day before a concert-

"H-Hey..."

I look up to see Bocchi standing before me. She sits on the swing right next to me.

"Oh uh hey! Didn't see you there."

"You looked deep in your thoughts."

"Hehe, I sure was. I've got tomorrow on my mind."

"Oh... t-that was kinda why I wanted to talk to you..."

"Oh uh, what's up? You can't go or something?"

Bocchi shakes her head profusely.

"N-No not at all! I just... wanted to see if you were ready. I-I also wanted to just walk with you too."

"Ah, I see. I'm ready, but at the same time still nervous of course."

"At my first gig I played in a box..."