Love

"I...I got fired from my job..."

"WHAT?" Nijika and Kita say simultaneously.

Bocchi rounded up the band at Starry to tell them what she told me that day at the park. I thought she would tell them at the mall, but she was probably too nervous to, I mean we were all having a great time so I guess she didn't want to bring the mood down.

"They complained a-about... my work efficiency."

"Why didn't you tell me? I would've explained it to your boss!"

"N-No I didn't want you to worry about me. I-I'll somehow find a job..."

Kita grits her teeth.

"We'll find a new job together!"

"N-No don't quit your job over me. Don't worry about me!"

"No! We'll find a new job together-"

"Kita-san."

She looks over at me.

"Let Bocchi-chan give this a shot. She wants to do this on her own. Please respect that, it's really nice of you that you want to help her don't get me wrong, but give her a shot please!"

Kita looks at me in utter shock.

"Y/N... alright fine."

Ryo starts clapping.

"Amazing speech. 10 points for Knight-kun."

"Didn't expect that from you Y/N." Nijika states causing me to chuckle.

"I just think we should let Bocchi-chan try this on her own. She wants to make us proud, right Bocchi-chan?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Aww, Gotoh-san!"

Kita hugs Bocchi tightly.

"Ow, you're crushing me."

Kita and Bocchi... such close friends.

Will I ever be on that same level of closeness with Bocchi? I need to put more of an effort into hanging out with her. One of these days I'll ask her if she's free to hang out! As friends of course!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My fingers hurt.

For the last week, all I do once I get home from school is play and sing until my mom gets home. I don't want people to hear me practice my singing, I'd much rather people hear me when I perform, like the complete version you know? I don't want people to hear the work in progress.

All this guitar is making me tired.

"Y/N!"

The sound of my mom calling my name comes from downstairs. I quickly head to the kitchen.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Could you head to the grocery store and get the ingredients for dinner tonight dear?"

"Oh, uh sure. I won't take long!"

"Thank you!"

Fine with me since I was thinking of leaving the house anyway.

I head out the front door and on my way to the convenience store. Until I hear something. Something familiar.

Is that the sound of a bass?

My ears follow where the sound is coming from until I see a small crowd, around ten people maybe, watching somebody play bass. Wait a second!

Is that Kikuri?