New Life...

Ah, just knowing I'm a part of a band feels so cool. And they're such great people too. What could go wrong? Today me and the band were gonna meet up at Starry to discuss the future of the band since now I'm the new member.

When I arrive surprisingly Nijika was the only one there.

Did I get here earlier than I expected?

"Wow Y/N, you sure got here early."

"Didn't think you would be here first."

Nijika smiles.

"My older sister's the manager of Starry. So I usually get here once the place opens. I also live in the apartment right above it."

So, you practically live here...

"You have an older sister? How's she like?"

"She may seem cold but has a kind heart."

"I can hear you."

We both turn around to see a woman with long blond hair. She looks a lot like Nijika. I'm assuming that's her sister.

"O-Oh uh hello! I'm Y/N L/N. I'm the new band member of Kessoku Band. I hope to get along with you well!"

"You don't need to be so formal."

"S-Sorry."

"I'm Seika Ijichi, and yes, I'm the manager of Starry. I heard you can sing. You should be the second vocalist. There's already enough guitarists."

"There's nothing wrong with three guitarists Nee-chan!"

"Three is a bit much."

Three guitarists could work. Isn't there some bands where there are two guitarists that play harmonies?

"I'll show you we can have three guitarists!"

"I'm not saying you can't, but in most bands you don't usually need that many guitarists. You guys could be known as the band with "3" guitarists."

"I guess you're right. We'll just see what happens. I was already thinking of being a vocalist anyway."

Nijika's eyes widen in surprise.

"Really? You'll do it"

My guts telling me to do it. And I think it's the best decision. The only thing that's stopping me is my nerves. But not thinking about it and just doing it helps.

"Yeah... I'll do it."

"Yay! This is perfect!"

"Nice, I'm curious to hear how you sound." Seika says and walks away.

"Ehe, I'll do my best as a singer."

"This opens up more possibilities for making songs. You and Kita-chan could do duets."

That sounds nice. Me and Kita singing together.... ehehehehe.

"Y/N?"

"O-Oh uh sorry, I was spacing out."

Nijika smiles and looks me in the eyes.

"Y/N, you remind me of Bocchi-chan sometimes."

"Really? Actually... that's not surprising. We're definitely similar."

"You both have your moments but you're both passionate for the band. I'm glad you decided to join Kessoku Band."

"O-Oh..."

That's... so kind of her. Nijika chuckles.

"Didn't mean to make you speechless, I was just being honest."