The Grind

"I hereby declare Kessoku Band members meeting!" Nijika states while clapping.

This again.

Nijika asked the band to come over to Starry for another meeting. She made it seem like it was serious when she texted the group chat.

"We need to start saving money for our next gig! We can't keep pushing it off." Nijika states with a serious face.

"Me and Knight-kun have been working at Starry for the past week."

"Huh? Knight-kun?"

"U-Uhh that's me. It's my uhhh nickname hehe."

"That sounds cool!" Kita exclaims.

It sounds kinda ridiculous.

Nijika clears her throat trying to keep her serious face which just made her look funny.

"We're getting distracted! What are some jobs you guys think would work?"

"If nothing works, we could just start an only fa-"

"We are not doing that!" Nijika cuts off Ryo before she could finish what she was saying and lightly smacks the back of Ryo's head.

"I mean, we could all just work here. You practically live here Nijika..."

She chuckles.

"You're right about that. But all 5 of us working here would be a bit cramped. I think it's best for us to all get separate jobs. Nee-chan would go broke from paying all of us!"

She's right about that honestly. I like thinking of Ryo as my work buddy. But what would Bocchi do? I'll feel a little concerned if she works all by herself. I don't want anything bad to ever happen to her again.

What am I a parent.

"Gotoh-san let's work at the café together!'

"S-Sure..."

Bocchi gives an ever so quick glance at me.

Damn, now I wanna work with Bocchi.

She looks like she wants to work with me. But I can't just switch jobs. And I'd be rude if she completely turned down Kita's offer and chose me instead. No I'm just overthinking stuff. She doesn't want to work with me. Now that leaves Nijika.

"What are you going to do Nijika?"

She smiles trying to reassure me.

"Don't worry about me, I'll advertise Kessoku Band and probably help out my sister. I'll find something!"

"Alright, if you say so."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next few weeks, we all work our butts off, trying to make as much money as possible. So far, it's been going really well. Kita's the so called "social butterfly waitress" at the café while Bocchi's the cashier. Kita says she's been doing "not bad" at the job. Not sure what that's suppose to mean.

Since Bocchi and Kita start work right after school I've been having to use the knowledge Bocchi's taught me and use it to practice guitar by myself at home. It feels a little lonely. Without her telling me if I'm doing good or not kinda sucks. Now when I think about it the band hasn't been together to hangout recently.

Work has been making all of our schedules busy. Ryo's fun to talk to, but after talking to her for so long she can get pretty weird. Kita loves telling me about Bocchi's job at school.