Loneliness

It's been a week since that day with me and Bocchi. Ryo and Kita were right. Playing while singing is pretty hard. Multitasking like that definitely isn't easy.

So is this what Nijika goes through?

I wonder if she likes someone. She goes to a whole other school, who knows what goes on there? Maybe she has some love advice? I mean she's a cute sociable girl. There's no denying that. There's gotta be people that like her. Ryo seems like she's the quiet kid in school so I doubt she has advice on anything.

I swear she has to be asexual. Poor Kita.

Me and Kita were eating lunch like usual today.

"Y/N! I'm thinking about it! I want to ask her out. I'm just so nervous!"

"Oh, you're gonna ask Ryo out? I mean what's the worst that could happen?"

"She says she doesn't like me and we don't talk anymore causing me to leave Kessoku Band again!"

..........

Would that actually happen? I mean it might be a bit awkward but never talking anymore? Though I can see why she thinks that. Romance could definitely make things different in the band. But it could make us all closer at the same time. Maybe I should talk to Ryo.

"I have an idea. How about I talk to Ryo to understand her more? I'll try my best to get to know her more! This would give me more of an idea of what she'll say to you. What do you think about that?"

Well she did call herself gorgeous. But I don't know if she was being sarcastic or not.

"Yes! That'll be perfect! Thank you!"

If she's gonna be a great friend to me, I need to be a great friend to her too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, I head to Starry for my work shift like always. I usually get to Starry before Ryo. Surprisingly, that first day was the last time she was ever late. Guess she takes the job seriously now. I get to work by wiping the tables like usual. A few minutes later I could hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

"I am here."

I turn around to see Ryo ready for another day of work.

"Hey!"

"You seem oddly happy. What are you in love?"

"E-Ehe. That's funny."

A little while later we head to the counter to serve drinks for a long while. Ryo is actually pretty efficient when it comes to work. Though sometimes she slacks on purpose to try to make me do more work. She even tried to bribe me once to do all the work for the day. She can be a handful sometimes when it comes to all this. But there wouldn't be anyone else I'd rather worth with.

Well I'd also work with Bocchi. Yeah Ryo and Bocchi are my work buddies.

"Knight-kun, how are the lyrics going with Bocchi-chan?" Ryo asks while looking directly into my eyes.

"Oh yeah we're pretty much done! We just gotta read it over and make the final touches."

"That's good. Bocchi can get pretty nervous about showing the lyrics she's written."

"That's not surprising. But don't worry! This song will be amazing!"

"I know it will." Ryo says while giving a thumbs up.

There was a moment of silence between us. Maybe I should bring up what I told Kita I WOULD tell Ryo. But how the hell do I ask her?

"Hey what's your sexuality?"