Hidden Feelings

Is it weird to watch someone eat? Seeing Bocchi eating her ramen is... cute in a weird way. Seeing her blowing gently and enjoying her noodles makes me happy. Maybe I just like seeing her enjoy herself.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"Y/N you okie?" Kita asks in concern.

"O-Oh uh yeah I'm fine."

Kita looks at me for a long moment as if she was checking if I was telling the truth or not.

"If you say so."

After we all finish eating we continue our journey around the mall until the arcade peaks my interest. I wanna go there for a bit, but are these people gamers? Now when I think about it, I don't know what any of these people do in their free time. Are they even into manga? Only one way to find out.

"Y-You guys wanna check out the arcade?"

Kita's eyes light up.

"Yeah! That'll be fun!"

"Me and Nee-chan used to go sometimes. Never went with anyone else before!"

"I-I've never been to an arcade before..."

That's not really surprising.

I lightly pat Bocchi's back.

"Well, you're gonna experience a day to remember!"

We enter the arcade. There was a ton of rhythm games, retro games, racing games, and a ton of claw machine games. It's great to come here once and a while. Feels different this time around since I'm never usually here with friends.

"Ooo! Air hockey! Let's do that Gotoh-san!"

"A-Alright!"

They both go running to the air hockey table leaving me and Nijika alone again. I let out a sigh.

"Getting Déjà vu?" Nijika asks me.

"You said it. Welp... wanna play Space Invaders?"

"Sure!"

We both play for a little while. Throughout the whole time, she seemed to be having fun, but something felt slightly off. It was like she was playing an act or putting on a fake smile.

"Hey, you okay? You seem off."

She tries to smile and laughs it off.

"I'm fine. It's just... this arcade reminds me of Nee-chan. We would go here a lot when I was younger. It makes me miss the old days. It's not the same without her. I kinda miss hanging out with her like we used to. I'm in a band and she's been really busy as a manager so we don't spend as much time as we used to."

Aww, she misses hanging out with her sister. Seika seems serious most of the time, but she means a ton to Nijika. I'm an only child so I have no idea what having a sibling must be like, but I think I know one thing that will show her affection towards her sister.

"I have an idea. Whenever you have the chance, go up to her, hug her tightly, and say I love you. Make her say it back too! I think that'll make her realize how much she means to you, so she'll put more of an effort into hanging out with you."

Nijika's eyes widen slightly.

"You're right! She's a big tsundere though so she might not say it back..."

"Make her say it!"

Nijika bursts out laughing.

"I'll try my best. Thanks for your advice."