Opposites Attract

I arrive at the mall around 3:50. I'm feeling pretty excited about today. Discussing music making and getting together to hang out at the mall! I even brought some money. That's one great thing about having a job. Being able to spend the hard money I've earned feels amazing.

"Y/N! Over here!"

Ah I know who that is.

Sure enough, to my right in the far distance was Kita entering the mall.

"Heyoo Kita-san! It's great to see you."

"Same!"

She looks at me mischievously for a long while with her finger on her lip.

"W-What?"

"You sure dressed up for this meetup."

"Ah yeah, I suppose. Though it's nothing much. Just a black baseball jacket and black jeans. I wanted to dress band like you know? Don't laugh!"

Kita smiles.

"No, I like it! It suits you. I've just never seen you in different clothes besides your school uniform."

"Yeah, you're right."

I glance at her outfit.

Damn, Kita knows how to dress.

She wears a white sleeveless ruffle strap tank top, a black choker necklace with white scrunchies on her wrists, and a black skirt.

"Say uh, has Bocchi-chan perhaps told you anything about work or something?"

Kita looks at me with slight confusion.

"Work? No."

Oh boy we're in for a day.

"I see..."

"Why? What's up?"

"Oh uh never mind."

Guess the whole band will find out soon enough.

Around ten minutes later Nijika with Bocchi arrive together.

Interesting.

"Did we get here late?" Nijika asks while smiling awkwardly.

"Oh uh no, it's just me and Kita-san got here early."

"Gotoh-san!" Kita calls out to her while waving brightly.

"H-Hey."

She waves at the two of us. Unlike Kita Bocchi wears her usual tracksuit and skirt. But on the other hand, Nijika wears a white shirt that goes down to her legs, like a mix of a skirt and a gown with a red spotted tie on the shirt.

"Do you think Ryo-senpai will come? She doesn't have to go if her grandma's not doing well. Or maybe I should go check up on her..." Kita says quietly while blushing.

Nijika shrugs.

"I don't know. She's been in the hospital multiple times this past week so maybe it's a normal thing."

Normal thing...

"Do you guys ever think she's saying this as an excuse to stay home?"

"........."

"........."

"........."

They all remained silent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shopping time!" Kita says as she enters a clothing store.