I Love You

After a minute of being alone to myself, everything starts sinking in, and I realize what's just happened.

She's gone...

Where is she going? Back to the hotel? Is she gonna tell everyone what just happened? Was I doing too much?... I just wanted to express what I felt about her. I don't want to keep it to myself any longer. Was I being creepy? Maybe I was wrong. I shouldn't have said anything, now things are going to be awkward forever. She probably never wants to see my face again.

Tears start rolling down my face.

Great now I'm crying like an idiot.

I need to apologize to Kita. I let her down. She set this all up for me just for it all to fail-

"What's got ya looking so sad?"

I know that voice.

I look up to see Kikuri. Instead of her wearing her usual jacket she wears a black hoodie instead. I quickly wipe away my tears.

"K-Kikuri? What are you doing here?"

Kikuri smiles.

"I was planning on drinking while stargazing until I passed out."

"That... that doesn't sound healthy or safe to do at all."

Kikuri looks at me with a cold expression.

"I know."

She sits down next to me.

"Talk to me. What was making ya cry just now?"

"... Today was the day I was finally going to confess to Bocchi-chan, well I call her Hitori now. We've been really close now. So since the gig did really well, I decided that today would be the day. Even Kita helped me plan this out. Once the sun started to set Kita would get the group to leave, leaving me and Hitori alone. She's such a great friend..."

"... So what happened? Ya got rejected?"

"No. Right before I was gonna tell her everything, she ran away. I was probably being weird or creepy so she probably doesn't want to talk to me anymore."

After thinking about what happened again the tears start rolling down my face again as I begin to sob.

"Why?... Just... why did she have to run?... I love her... I want to be there for her whenever she's at her lowest... I want to protect her with my life... I wanna have kids with her... I want her in my life forever..."

Kikuri pats my head.

"There there It's gonna be okay. That sounds like something Bocchi-chan would do. Don't overthink it. She's probably just got a little shy. "

"How can you be so sure?"

Kikuri looks me in the eyes.

"Y/N, I think we both know damn well that she's in love with you."

"....."

"The only place there is for her to go to is the hotel. Just go back, make up for what happened earlier, and then simply speak your heart out. She doesn't hate you. From what I've seen you seem very important to her. I'm sure of that!"

"Thanks... that helped a lot. I tend to overthink at certain moments."

Kikuri chuckles.

"I get it. We all have those moments. Ya see, my band has a really big gig coming up in a few days, but our drummer can't make it because she's leaving the country tomorrow due to family reasons. It's got me pretty stressed out. I don't know what I'm gonna do now, this gig had a chance of boosting our fanbase like crazy. That's why I wanted to drink till I passed out. Makes me feel good and forget about everything!"