2

Chapter Two - Desperate

Noah Jackson's P.O.V.

I clutch the bouquet of roses tightly in my hand as I reach my floor and look down at them with a smile knowing they'll make my girlfriend, Evie, happy. She's a hopeless romantic and I try to be the best boyfriend. Tomorrow's her birthday so I've already taken the day off to celebrate with her and these flowers are just the beginning.

Stopping the music on my phone I take out my earphones only to frown when I hear a muffled groan from my dorm. As I rush to take my keys out I hear loud moaning and my heart pounds in horror. I open the door quietly and the flowers drop to the floor once I take in the sight before me.

Evie is on the couch fucking a guy who I recognize as the captain of the basketball team. Her eyes shoot open and dread fills them when they meet mine. Trevor stops thrusting, thank God for that, and looks over his shoulder before his expression drops too. Well, at least they're shameful about it.

"N-Noah, I-I can explain –"

"Really? You seriously think you have a good explanation for why you cheated on me?" I scoff as I push past them trying to cover themselves up.

"I-I was drunk! And I wasn't thinking – please don't leave!" She begs and tries to stop me from packing my things.

"I'm going to go. Sorry man, she said she wasn't taken." Trevor admits guiltily and glares at her before leaving.

"You're pathetic Evie!" I chuckle humorlessly as my poor heart aches. "Being drunk isn't an excuse! And you're telling everyone you're single?! Have you lost your fucking mind?!"

"I barely see you Noah! You're always at practice, classes and then working until late every weekend. I got lonely." She trails off into sobs as I stare at her in disbelief.

"That's fucking life Evie!" I snap as I zip my bag shut. "You got lonely? You got lone – are you kidding me?! I always make time for you because I know I'm busy! I'm the one planning date nights, getting you flowers and shit, giving you attention and just overall being the boyfriend that you want me to be so don't give me that bullshit!"

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry just – p-please don't leave me! I won't do it again! I'll make it up to you!"

"Why the fuck would I want to stay with a cheater?" I fume as I swing my duffel bag over my shoulder.

"Noah!" She gasps with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Why didn't you just break up with me?" I ask as I move towards the door. "If you didn't want to date me anymore why not just tell me?"

"I don't want to break up with you!" She sobs loudly as she throws herself at me desperately. "Don't leave! Please, I'm begging you! Let's talk about this!"

"My parents raised me to be respectful and I would never say this but you're a cold-hearted bitch Evie." I seethe and I don't know how I have the patience to but I gently pry her off me. "I'm so fucking glad you showed me your true colors but unfortunately that's two years of my life wasted with a pathetic excuse of a girlfriend."

"Noah, please! I'm sorry! Please, just talk to me!" She shrieks as I open the door.

"Here." I pick up the roses and throw them at her. They land at her feet as she starts crying again. "You can scatter them across the bed to make your next hook up more romantic."

And with that I slam the door shut and march out of the building. Thankfully there's less people out in the halls, most of them out partying, so barely anyone heard our argument except a few stragglers. I make it into my car before roaring heartbrokenly. My hands slam the steering wheel a few times as traitorous tears escape my eyes.