11

Chapter Eleven - Wooing Noah Jackson

I walk out of the lift nervous as hell and make my way down to my dorm. Stopping in front of the door I take a few deep breaths before knocking. Noah opens it and shoots me a confused look before smiling widely when I pull out a bouquet of flowers for him. He looks so good wearing a plaid flannel shirt with a white tee under it followed by black jeans and sneakers.

"For you."

"You're cute Faye, thank you." He chuckles as we walk in so he can put them in the vase that I had conveniently emptied for him this morning.

"Nice place." I joke as I look around with a nod.

"Thanks! I share it with a girl called Faye." He plays along with an amused look.

"Oh really? What do you think of her?"

"She's alright but super clumsy and messy sometimes. Total nerd and – ow!" He laughs when I swat his chest. He pulls me into his arms and kisses my cheek. "But she's the sweetest and prettiest girl I know."

"Thanks." I mumble as a blush coats my cheeks. "Should we get going?"

"Lead the way." He grins boyishly before following me out the door. "How's that cut doing?"

"Oh, it's alright yeah. Still sore but that's expected." I shrug as we enter the lift.

"Good." He murmurs as he takes my hand and brushes his thumb over the bandage before intertwining our fingers. "This okay?"

"Yeah...you just wanted to hold my hand didn't you?"

"Yes." He chuckles with a sheepish look. "It worked though."

"You don't have to ask or have a reason." I smile as we make our way to his car. "You look handsome by the way."

He twirls jokingly before opening the door for me. "Thank you. You look beautiful as always."

I've tucked my sweater into my black jeans a little bit with boots and because it's a little chilly I also have a jacket on. I wanted to wear a skirt but decided against it since I know I won't be able to handle it well during our first activity.

"Thanks!" I smile at him before we drive off.

Since the first location of our date is around forty minutes away I had asked Noah if he'd be okay to drive us there and he agreed. I'm giving him directions and it's funny to watch him try to guess where we're going. I'm eager to see his reaction because I know he'll love it.

We play some music and chat as we drive but stop halfway for some coffee. I head inside and there's a long queue but I notice the large shelves full of board games and people enjoying their coffee while they play. I text Noah to come inside and get a table for us while waiting for the line to finish.

"Pick a game." I nod to the shelves and watch as he grabs a selection of cards and board games for us.

"Do we have time?"

"Plenty of it." I reassure him before placing our order.

"This is a cool place. No wonder it's packed." Noah remarks after I return.

We start playing and our coffee arrives soon too. It's a cute café with a lovely concept and I take a few pictures as we relax here for a bit. We play some old classics and try out new games too that we fail miserably at even though there's very simple instructions. Eventually, we get back in the car and within twenty minutes we've reached our destination.