4

Chapter Four - Blue

Noah Jackson's P.O.V.

I stop in between my classes to grab some coffee when I bump into Evie. Instantly my mood sours and I feel like running away when we lock eyes. I force my gaze up to the menu and order what I want, deciding to forego my earlier plan of sitting down and enjoying my break. Grabbing my things from the cashier I clench the bag of pastries a little too hard as I turn praying that she left.

Unfortunately, luck is not on my side today.

She waves hesitantly and I let out a heavy sigh dripping with annoyance, satisfied when it causes her to wince. Good, I think to myself. Maybe one day she'll finally realize that I don't want anything to do with her anymore.

"What?" I utter in a clipped tone.

"I think we should talk Noah." She pleads softly and I notice how she looks like a mess.

"Sure. Why don't we talk about how you said you were drunk that night but I know how you talk and behave when you're tipsy or fully drunk. You were neither of those things." I seethe quietly, not wanting to make a scene.

Her eyes widen and she turns as white as a sheet. "I-I can explain –"

"Just stop Evie." I murmur tiredly as I shake my head. "I don't want anything to do with you so leave me alone."

"Please Noah..." She begs and I frown when her voice cracks from emotion. "I just want to talk and explain myself. Just one chance. Can you at least give me that?"

"I'll think about it."

"R-Really?" She perks up hopefully.

"Fuck no." I mutter and start walking away to my next class.

I hear her quiet yet pained sob behind me and feel a tad bit horrible for my behavior. Then I remember all the events from two weeks ago and it's like my heart has been ripped open again. My last class of the day passes by horrendously due to Evie making me feel blue. I can't stop reliving what happened and it's driving me mad.

Where are you? I text Faye as soon as my class ends.

Library. Study room eight. Why? She replies instantly which makes me smile.

On my way. I reply before stopping to grab her favorite pastries and a mocha that I know she'll love.

I know if I go back to my dorm I'll be stuck with memories I don't want to reminisce on repeat. Spending time with Faye is something I'm always up for. Sure, she's mostly quiet and shy but once she became comfortable around me I found that she's nice to hang out with. That I want to spend time with her.

Faye's a book nerd but I love it when she rambles about her new read of the month and how she's added a new "book boyfriend" to her list. She's clumsy as hell and has made me laugh way too many times to count in the time that I've moved in with her.

The fact that she doesn't watch many tv shows or movies and has no interest in sports means that I've spent most of our evenings and weekends binge watching tv with her and making sure she knows at least the basics about soccer even though she refuses to attend my games.

Walking into the building and making my way up to the study rooms I start my search for her. Stopping outside study room eight, I step inside and find her with headphones on. She bops her head to the music as she writes something down. An amused smile quirks my lips when she doesn't realize that someone else is in the room and I use the time to take her in.