24

Chapter Twenty Four - Happiness, Finally

Noah Jackson's P.O.V.

Ten Years Later.

I grab the flowers before locking my car and rushing up the steps inside my house. It's decorated to the nines but that's not what I focus on, instead I put my things down before quietly walking upstairs and peeking into the nursery. A smile blooms across my lips at the sight of my wife sleeping soundly on her chair where she usually breastfeeds, my twin babies down for their nap in their respective cribs.

Eliana and Malakai Jackson.

The twins were born eight months ago and Faye slipped into the role of being a mother effortlessly like I always knew she would. I finally popped the question sometime after we graduated and married the woman of my dreams, we travelled the world and strived to be equally as successful in our careers like we were in our studies before she brought up the topic of wanting to try for a child last year. I remember the moment like it was yesterday.

"Fuck!" I mutter as I put away the last of our groceries in the car. "Forgot to grab condoms. I'll go –"

I shoot her a puzzled look when she pulls me back by my belt buckle. "No need."

"Well, yes there is." I chuckle as I shut the door of the boot. "I don't want to take any chances unless you're ready remember?"

"I know." She nods with an appreciative smile. "But we don't need them anymore."

My jaw drops and she giggles at my surprised expression, biting her lip when I pull her flush against my body. I don't think I've ever been this surprised. "Y-You're serious? You want to try for a baby?"

"Yes. I'm ready and I know I can do it." Her voice is confident and the complete opposite to her half-hearted shrug.

She squeals and bursts out laughing when I gently shove her into car before speeding off towards home.

My smile widens as I step into the room and kneel before Faye, grabbing the album off her lap. It's the one I gave to her as a graduation gift and contains all the candid pictures I took of her and us throughout our years together. A soft noise escapes her as I pick her up before settling her onto my lap, watching her greet me with those pretty brown eyes and a breathtaking smile. Forever mine.

"How was work?" She whispers not wanting to wake the kids.

"Good. Finally finished the paperwork before Ryder gave in and killed me." I joke and she chuckles softly.

As soon as I graduated Ryder offered me a place in his company and a chance to create my own that would partner with his. They were already in the business of producing medical equipment whereas now we've branched into another area where I help in the innovation and designing process for new tools and processes to improve human health.

I used to travel back and forth between Dallas and Toronto while Faye was taking over West Medical after her father was jailed. Eventually we decided that a permanent move to Canada would suit us so now West Medical's headquarters are in Toronto too and she's brought the company to bigger and better heights that her father only dreamed of.

"What time is it?" She asks sleepily as her eyelids flutter shut again.

"Almost five." I chuckle at the groan that escapes her before lifting her up and carrying her downstairs.