1. John Myron

The story is inspired by events in 2000-2001, about a person who claimed to be from the future and shocked the internet.

***

A man sat in front of a computer, staring at the screen as he typed on the keyboard, answering the questions that appeared before him.

Lea_Audrey: How did you find out about these events?

Anonymous: Because for me, it's all in the past.

James31: Who are you?

The man glanced at the hologram screen of the watch on the table that read "T.I.T.O.R."

Anonymous: Titor. John Titor.

Nicole_11: Where are you from?

The man didn't answer right away, taking a moment to think.

Anonymous: The future, from the year 2036 to be precise.

The year 2036? Actually, he's from even further away ....

***

In 3057, at the Department of Science and Technology.

"Sir, a twenty-five-ton meteor will enter the atmosphere at 15 km/s in less than two hours!"

"Damn!" Professor Dwight Tipler slammed his hand on the desk.

Anxiety swept through everyone present. Although they had dealt with meteors raining down on Earth before, this time the tension was unprecedented. The Department of Science and Technology (DST) had been busy dealing with meteors in recent years, but this one was far more terrifying than any before.

"Quick, get me President Hemmingway!" Dwight snapped.

"Yes, Sir!"

The uniformed man swiped the hologram button on the arm of the chair. Soon, a silver-haired man appeared on the large screen, looking irritated.

"It's midnight, Dwight!" snapped President Hemmingway.

"President, this is an emergency!" said Dwight.

President Hemmingway replied, "Ah, you should call the Minister of War—"

"A meteor with forty times the power of a nuclear explosion will soon enter the atmosphere and hit the Atlantic Ocean near Virginia! If that happens, a tsunami will engulf America!" Dwight interrupted.

President Hemmingway gasped. "Don't we have an atmosphere dome?"

Dwight shook his head. "I'm afraid it's not enough."

"What do you mean?" asked President Hemmingway.

"For the past three years, the meteors raining down on Earth have caused cracks in the atmosphere dome. If this meteor strikes, it's certain that the dome won't be able to withstand it. Unless ..."—Dwight paused, digesting his thoughts—"we send someone to 1975."

***

Upbeat music filled a small discotheque in upstate New York as visitors enjoyed drinks and the party atmosphere. Among them was an athletic-looking man who walked up to the bar. He had dark, wavy hair, an oval face with a square, strong jaw, sapphire eyes with a sharp gaze, and a flat, pointed nose. The handsome man took a seat at the bar.

"Hi, John," greeted the bartender and discotheque owner. "The usual drink?"

"Yeah, Phil," replied the man called John.

Phil smiled and then scanned the crowd of female visitors. "No one has caught your eye yet?"

John shook his head. "This place is boring these days."