8. The King of Terror

The dinosaur displayed itself with elegance and terror simultaneously. John, Xavier, and Nina were stunned, unable to take their eyes off the creature facing them with overwhelming dominance. The giant predator's body cast a terrifying shadow that sent shivers down their spines.

The ancient monster's body appeared slender and elegant, with a strong chest and prominent muscles. Its massive and muscular legs resembled steel pillars, indicating lethal running and crushing abilities. The sharp claws and pointed teeth accelerated their heartbeats. Its towering head, filled with knife-like teeth, was a nightmare turned reality. The predator's eyes spread an unimaginable terror.

"Giganotosaurus," Nina murmured, disbelieving what she was seeing. Nina had knowledge about the pre-historic time. It was no wonder she could easily identify the giant reptile before them.

Before they could fully grasp the reality, Giganotosaurus suddenly shifted its gaze. Its sharp eyes fixed on Xavier and Nina, brimming with threat. Without hesitation, Giganotosaurus lunged forward with agility, creating tremors that shook the ground beneath its feet.

Xavier and Nina trembled as they felt the approaching vibrations. Both swiftly moved to evade Giganotosaurus's attack, scattering and attempting to keep a distance. With the two targets separated, Giganotosaurus had to choose which one to confront first. However, Giganotosaurus was an intelligent predator. With swift and clever moves, it changed direction and closed in on Nina with astonishing speed.

Nina's heart raced as Giganotosaurus drew closer. She saw the sharp claws that could easily tear her apart. With a strong survival instinct, she leaped sideways in a calculated move, evading the fierce claws that narrowly missed her. Yet, the monster persisted. It turned to pursue its target again.

Meanwhile, John couldn't remain passive. His determination was fueled by the desire to protect Nina. With determined steps, he ran toward Giganotosaurus, attempting to divert its attention. He swung a large branch he had picked up earlier, trying to catch the predator's notice.

Giganotosaurus stared at John with threatening eyes, poised to maul the human who dared challenge it. But its plan shifted in an instant as something suddenly struck it. Xavier had acted swiftly, grabbing a large rock from the ground and hurling it with astonishing precision. The rock hit Giganotosaurus on the side of its head, causing the pre-historic creature to stagger to the side in pain and surprise.

Instead of achieving a triumphant victory, the attack only incited the wrath of the ancient monster. With eyes blazing with anger, Giganotosaurus stood firm once again, its stance more intimidating than before. The wound on its head oozed blood and mucus, yet it seemed insufficient to quell the hunter's resolve.

In that critical moment, the three time travelers united, standing side by side in the face of the terrifying predator's threat. They closed in, sharpening their senses. They knew that sooner or later, an even more terrifying terror would return.

At that precise moment, a furious roar erupted from the prehistoric creature's throat, sending shockwaves that reverberated through the bones of the time travelers. The magnitude of the monster's power was palpable, felt in every breath they took.

"He won't give up so easily," Xavier said, looking worried.

"What do we do?" John began to feel desperate.

In their almost hopeless situation, Nina shifted her gaze, seeking a swift decision to counter the menacing threat of the creature. Her eyes scanned the large rock situated on the elevated tiers of the terrain, then moved to the edge of the cliff in front of her. In the midst of urgency, ideas began to churn in her mind. She quickly formulated a strategy, connecting her thoughts with the possibilities that lay behind impossibility.

"John, Xavier, listen to me." Nina began to explain her plan with a firm and convincing voice. She detailed each step carefully, providing insight into how they could confront the harbinger of terror. Every word she uttered felt like a call to battle, invoking the fighting spirit within her two allies. The plan sounded insane, but in a situation like this, they had no choice but to trust Nina.

When the time came, from the edge of the cliff, Nina shouted, "Hey, you, Stupid Lizard!"

Giganotosaurus fixed its gaze on Nina with menacing eyes, identifying her as the primary target among the three prey. An expression of anger and savagery was vivid on the ancient creature's face, as if it were ready to unleash catastrophe upon its intended victim.

Despite the perilous situation, the plan they had prepared unfolded as expected. John and Xavier worked silently, cautiously creeping toward the ascending tiers above them. There, they adeptly readied a large, sturdy a large piece of wood for a final assault.

Time seemed to slow as the enraged Giganotosaurus began to move. Every step of the monster caused a heavy tremor in the ground, sending terror coursing through Nina's feet. However, this terror didn't waver her determination in the slightest. She understood that, in that moment, the success of their plan hinged on flawless execution.

As Giganotosaurus drew just a few meters from Nina, simultaneously with the signal they had prepared, John and Xavier moved swiftly. They launched an unexpected attack, utilising the prepared boulder. They chipped the boulder with a large piece of wood, making it move with great force and speed, hurtling towards the terrifying creature.

Nina felt her heart stop for a moment as the final assault began. She leaped sideways, holding her breath as the boulder raced towards Giganotosaurus. In the tense silence, time seemed to elongate. And a split second later, the boulder struck Giganotosaurus with full force.

The monster was pushed forward, its massive legs struggling to maintain its staggering body. However, in the end, its strength proved inconsequential when faced with a greater force. Giganotosaurus roared loudly as it plummeted heavily into the seemingly endless abyss.

John, Xavier, and Nina stared at the chasm, their breaths heavy. Perhaps before that event, they might have thought that defeating Giganotosaurus was an impossible feat. Yet, that was the reality that unfolded.

Nina, the initiator of the crazy and brilliant idea, smiled contentedly. "Finally, it's all over. John, let's go back."

John, who had initially been determined to wrest the device from Xavier's hand, abandoned his intention. Nina's presence alone was enough to draw him back to the future. However, things weren't as simple as they seemed, and Nina had forgotten her initial agreement with Xavier.

"Wait."

John and Nina redirected their gaze towards Xavier, who was staring sharply at John. He appeared ready to fulfill his mission. Seeing this reality, John knew he wouldn't leave without a fight.

Their eyes locked, emitting an intensity that was difficult to explain. So much had transpired during their time-traveling adventure, and now everything reached a new stage in the eternal battle between the two timeless foes.