2. T.I.T.O.R. Project

John grinned. "Coward."

John's fist flashed and knocked Harold unconscious. John put the gun back and lit a cigarette as he walked to the door. The visitors were flabbergasted, watching John walk away.

"I won. Give Phil the money, or I'll search you all over America," John said, then leered at Harold's girlfriend. "Ah, and you, Honey. If you want to have fun, ask Phil for my number."

John walked out of the place. The crowd was stunned, no one expected John to beat Harold. Harold's big name in the area was enough to convince them. Unfortunately, no one knew who John really was, except Phil.

"Captain John Myron. The most elite member of the American special forces. He's crazy, but not a braggart. Well, he asked me to send him the CCTV footage at the entrance. And, well ..., I didn't want to get in trouble with him, so I sent the video. All he has to do is match your faces with intelligence data to trace where you live. If I were you, I would keep my promise and pay the bet," Phil said.

Hearing that, the visitors rushed over to Phil, who was standing behind the bar counter. Phil smiled as he glanced at the hologram screen under the table, which read "CCTV not working."

***

In the Golden Whale Apartment unit, a human-shaped robot just hung up the phone and then turned to the woman sleeping on the bed. The robot came over and shook her shoulder.

"Nina, Nina Tipler." The robot kept trying to wake her up.

The girl named Nina shook off the robot's hand and then rolled over. "Don't bother me, Nuke."

"Your dad just called," Nuke said.

"Tell him I'm tired," Nina replied, reluctantly.

"Your dad said there was something important," Nuke replied.

"For my dad, everything is important. Don't worry about it, and don't disturb my sleep." Nina pulled the blanket over her head.

Nuke shook his head then pressed a button at the bottom of the cot. Not long after, iron pipes appeared in every corner of the bed and sprayed water soaking Nina. Suddenly Nina got up with a red face.

"Ah! What are you doing, Idiot?!" Nina cursed.

"Nina, if it wasn't an emergency, I wouldn't have woken you up," Nuke explained.

"I told you that you always—"

"A giant meteor is about to hit the Earth," Nuke interrupted.

"What?" Nina gasped and immediately pressed the hologram button on the wall.

Soon, a holographic screen appeared on the wall displaying data directly connected to the DST. The numbers in the data moved quickly. Nina's eyes widened; her mouth half-opened, unable to believe what she was seeing.

"Oh, my God! The meteor is speeding towards Virginia," Nina murmured.

Nuke said, "Nina, your father said you should help President Hemmingway's emissary with this matter."

Nina rushed to the bathroom. "Okay. After I change my clothes, I'll go."

A few minutes later, Nina was already driving down the streets of New York. The car was flying at high speed. But suddenly, a warning came over the speakers.

"Nina, someone is following us." The vehicle's safety system alerted her. Nina glanced in the rear-view mirror and saw a black motorbike behind.

"There are always annoying people on the road. Well, speed up, Omega," Nina ordered the car system.