Chapter 6

Shizuo's POV

I stared down at the phone in terror, before looking up at the shaking man in the corner.

"You're not going" I said, my voice tense. God knows what'll happen if he meets him, and nobody is going to know about the baby until Shinra can tell us the gender, and the pregnancy is stable.

He nodded, tears still running down his face. I rubbed his back. "It's okay, Flea. If he wants to get to the one carrying my child, he's gonna have to go through me. "

Though he didn't seem too reassured, he accepted the ice-cream I bought him and calmed down a little bit. Though, he asked me to stay awake most of the night to guard everything, which I agreed to, seeing that he doesn't sleep as it is and Shinra said do whatever it takes to get him to take better care of himself. And I learned the first night here, the man stays up until at least 3:00 am, and somehow always wakes up at 6:00 am. Well, he used to.

While he was sleeping, his phone kept going off. The messages were things like:

Hey, Hun, still mad? You don't have to ignore me. Drama queen

You'll come back eventually. You should skip the drama and give up now, so just give in and text back.

REPLY

You can't ignore me forever, Dumbass!

I know your address, I know how to get to you. So stop acting all high-and-mighty and reply.

Finally, I got pissed off and replied.

The Flea's asleep. Leave him the fuck alone. And it doesn't matter that you know where he lives, I'll let you harm him over my dead body.

I turned the phone off after that. He pisses me off and I don't even know him!

I should talk to the Flea about that when he wakes up, see if I need to 'talk' with this guy.

And why did he call him 'Hun' and 'Honey'? Just who is this 'Natsume' guy, anyway?

Why am I thinking so much about the Flea anyway?! It's late, maybe I'll sleep on the couch tonight if he's still shaken up, and I kinda am, too.

~-~-In the morning~-~-

I yawned, stretching my arms over my head. Okay, the clock says it's 5... I need to be at work by 6...

Deciding to let Izaya sleep as long as possible, I got dressed into a new bartender's outfit, (I fell asleep in my day clothes last night) and went to go make breakfast. 

After making around 30 pancakes for the day, since I need to stop at the grocery store on the way back, and ate 3 before realizing it was 5:38, it takes a while to walk back to Ikebukuro, so I need to leave soon, and Izaya will stab me if I don't wake him up before I leave so he can get dressed before his secretary arrives.

I walked into Izaya's room to see him sprawled out across his large bed. His position exposing his  growing abdomen. I still can't believe my kid's in there.

"Hey, Flea, time to get up, I'm heading to work!" I called. He stirred, sitting up and glaring at me.

"I'm tired, Shizu-chan"

"Well, I'm not the one who said to wake them before I leave, you don't have to get up, but I'm leaving"

His eyes widened and he stood up, clinging to my arm. 

"N-no... stay until Namie gets here..."

"I have work, Flea. I already have to walk and it's almost 5:50." His actions surprised me, but I was already going to be late!

"I don't w-want to be by m-myself..." he whimpered.

Okay, he may be annoying, but I can't just leave him here like this.

"Fine, just... let me call Tom." I sighed, shaking him off of me. 

Tom was understanding, though I told him that I overslept. He said I could wait until 7. Leaving me 30 minutes after she shows up to walk to work.

I'm changing my schedule for you, Flea... better appreciate it...

~-~-Evening~-~-

My phone rang  an hour before I was supposed to get off. The Flea...

I growled in annoyance as Tom allowed me to answer it, not knowing who it is.

"What do you want?" I growled.

"Namie's leaving soon. When are you going to be home?"

"I don't get off for another hour, you know this"

"But, then I'll be here alone for an hour!! Please come back!"

"I'm at WORK! I can't drop everything and come back! Ask her to stay longer!"

"But she hates me! And I don't really think she'd protect me against anything. I could get stabbed and she wouldn't care!"

"If you don't trust her, why does she watch you most of the day?!" 

"I kinda just pay her to be here and do stuff I don't want to. There's no trust required for that."

"I still have an hou-" My sentence was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder.

"It's okay, if you need to,you can leave after this next one, okay?" I nodded, thanking Tom for doing this without much explaining the situation.

"You hear that, Flea. One more client. Damn, I have a work schedule, unlike you," I sigh, hanging up.

"Wait, 'Flea'? Were you talking to Izaya?" Tom looked confused.

"It's a loong story... " I sighed. The next person simply paid, nice change, I left Tom with a simple, "It'll all be explained in around six weeks!"

Izaya's POV

Where is he?! Namie left five minutes ago!!! I didn't sleep well, and I'm tired, and I'm sure as Hell not sleeping when I'm here all by myself!!

I sigh, placing my hand on my slightly showing three-month along baby bump, when I heard a knock at my door. 

Thinking that I probably forgot about a client today, I pulled on my signature jacket, making it less noticeable. I opened the door and froze. 

"N-Natsume..." I stuttered. Eyes wide with shock and... I have to admit... fear.

"Hey, Baby, haven't seen ya in what, four months?" He smirked.

"A-a-actually, th-three..."

A/N AHHHH! Sorry guys. I hate myself for this cliffhanger, but I wanted to post today and I haven't slept in three days and BLAHHHH! 

Anyway, thank you to all my humans who have voted so far, and as of right now, the votes are:

Male:7

Female:1

Male and Male:4

Male and Female:1

Female and Female:0 (Me and my Nee-chan get no love XoD)

Love you guys!!