Chapter 15

Shizuo's POV

It's just a usual day, well, as usual as the two most feared men in Ikebukuro, together, as parents, can be, Izaya was laying on the couch, napping, with me smashed up against the couch, not daring to move and risk waking him.

You see, lately he's been even clingier than normal, acting spastic if I left his side for even a moment, it's starting to make me nervous as well.

Luckily, Tom was understanding, as I did explain that Izaya is getting more and more emotional, and that we're 'together' together, so I can have as much time off as I need, well, Izaya needs.

I continued laying there, watching whatever show was on the T.V., dozing off every now and again, but I would be woken just about every time by Izaya flinching.

Around the tenth time, I was starting to worry. I wrapped my arms around him, attempting to move him so I could get up and call Shinra, because he stayed up all night and I didn't want to wake him, when I felt it.

A rather strong push in his stomach... almost like... my eyes widened.

'at least one of 'em's got their daddy's strength!' The memory of Izaya at the store suddenly flashed through my mind. I wonder if it hurts...

I gently moved my arm out from under Izaya, thankfully not waking him up, and moving off the couch, sadly, waking him in that process. 

He yawned, almost falling off the couch. "Morning, Shizu-chan..."

"So, how long?" I asked, getting straight to the point. He gave me a confused look.

"How long what, Shizu-chan?"

"How long have you felt them, or one of them, kick?"

"Oh... that... well, just a few weeks..." he replied, looking, kinda... worried...

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"B-because, it's n-not their fault..." tears filled his now wide eyes. 

"What isn't?" I asked, rubbing his back, attempting to calm him down, which I've gotten pretty good at.

"N-nothing..." he looked down.

"Izaya, tell me what's wrong," I urged, "Or I'll get Shinra to help me!"

His eyes grew wider and he started shaking his head violently. "F-fine!"

He lifted his shirt, revealing his swollen abdomen, but, there were dark, painful looking bruises decorating his pale skin. "Just, don't tell Shinra, he might think they'd hurt me, he might hurt them..."

"Izaya, it's not their fault, it's mine, it's my strength. I won't let him touch them, okay?" I wiped some of his tears away and whispered in an amused voice, "I don't think Celty would let him either. And we can both keep Shinra in check," I chuckled.

He smiled a little, calming slightly at my words. 

"Now, let's go get ice-cream on our way to Shinra's, okay?"

"Why are we going to Shinra's!?"

"Because we need to make sure they aren't harming you inside, too. I love them, and won't hurt them, but we do also need to ensure your safety too!"

"I am!"

"You don't know that!"

"It's my body!"

"Izaya, I promise, I won't let him hurt them, but I need to make sure you're okay, I need to make sure that all three of you are healthy and safe!"