Chapter 18

A/N I'm sorry it's taking forever! I'm thinking of adding a twist of sorts, but that's to come waaaaay later! Anyways, enjoy!

Izaya's POV

My back roughly collided with the ground, shaking my entire figure and knocking my breath out of my lungs.

Tears blurred my vision as I heard the screaming. Incoherent yelling, as I was freaking out too much to tell one word from the next.

Finally, it stopped. Shizuo glared down at me, giving me chills before he smashed his phone and walked out, allowing the door to slam behind him.

I paused, trying to calm myself down enough to understand my surroundings. Once I controlled my senses, I heard crying.

At first, I thought maybe Shizuo had come back, but it was coming from the back of my apartment and the pitch was too high.

I went to the room to see two small beds and a series of toys.

On one of the beds, two young boys, my boys, about ten years of age, by the looks of them. They both had Shizuo's natural hair color, almost identical. The only difference was that one had Shizuo's honey eyes, the other had mine.

The red eyed boy held the other, gently rocking him.

"It's gonna be okay, Matte..." he whispered. "Just go to sleep.."

The mini Shizuo, Mamouru, had tear lines down his cheeks, still sobbing, but trying to keep the tears out of his voice.

The other, Matteru, was curled into his arms, sobbing.  His head to his twin's chest, hands clasped over his ears. He made the most heartbreaking sounds.

You could say it was 'maternal instinct', but my heart clenched. I moved over to my children.

The boys flinched from my touch as I tried to comfort them.

They were afraid of me...

I backed away. Suddenly feeling like I was falling.

♢○♢○♢○

I screamed, shooting up as much as I could with my... six months pregnant stomach..

I sighed loudly in relief, laying back onto Shizuo. Who was now alert.

"What happened?! Are you okay? Did the boys kick?" He wrapped his arms around me, hands wandering my abdomen to catch any signs of restlessness in the twins.

I shook my head, tears already falling down my cheeks in streams.

"What's wrong, Doll?" Natsume smirked from a bed close to us, his little niece/nephew (gender fluid, so it depends on the day) at his bedside.

I flinched at his voice, moving closet onto Shizuo.

"Hey, you wanna go home? Shinra already did the tests. We don't have to stay here..."

I nodded, beginning to stand, bit falling almost immediately. Shizuo aid to support me.

I walked, clinging and crying, linking my arms with Shizuo.

He wouldn't do that... He loves me...

Right?