Chapter 20

It's been three days.

Izaya's been staying at his new office. He was going to surprise Shizuo with it, but...

He tried not to cry. He's so sick of doing that.

He knew he'd have to go to Shinra's for his next appointment, and Shinra will tell Shizuo.

But for now, he's hiding under the radar. Smashed the only phone Shizuo had access to. Being a basic hermit.

It was just him now, well, him and the boys.

The boys he and Shizuo made...

Here come the tears.

Fuck! Come on! He's Orihara Izaya for the sake of any gods who still give a damn.

And here he is, crying over his high school rival, six and a half months pregnant, in an office he's not used to.

If, seven months ago, you told him he'd be in this situation, he'd have stabbed you without a thought.

He has an appointment either Shinra in two days, and he doesn't want the nosy asshole sharing anything, but he's not at all willing to put his sons in danger because he doesn't want to face their father.

Calming down, the raven picked up his phone. Two hundred and thirty seven text messages, still buzzing in, now at two hundred and forty two, and fifty four missed calls.  

Most were from Shizuo, but a couple from Shinra about his 'irresponsibility' and how he had 'better be taking care of the twins'. 

All the calls from Shizuo. Because after so many years of friendship, he knew that Izaya doesn't answer personal calls very often, especially upset. Hell, he disliked business calls. 

He was hungry, tired, and emotional. He needed some support, he honestly needed Shizuo more than he had his entire pregnancy in this one moment, but if Shinra was all he could get, he'd definitely accept the help. 

He sent one text at first, a lock emoticon, a signal that what comes next is confidential, and he replies with the same one, meaning he agrees. 

Even from Shizuo? - Shinra

Yes.- Izaya

and with that, he called. 

It was a short phone call, down to business. His new address.

Shinra shows up a few minutes later, with someone else.

A/N Guess who fought their way through school and finally has time to write? And guess who uses a lot of that time sleeping or crying? Both are meee. But I'm trying!!!