Track 9

JAIRE

Alaia's new abode amazes her from the moment we arrive. Once we pass the security gate, the geometric-style ivory driveway leads to a lush paradise of palm trees and verdant greenery. Beyond the curve, the twelve-bedroom mansion expands with its white stucco exterior. Alaia gasps in awe as she ogles the estate, uttering incomprehensible words.

"Welcome home," I say.

"Home? This is a resort. This is velvet paradise."

Alaia has her foot out the door before the car stops. She skips towards the rectangular pool on the right side of the entryway. A waterfall effect cascades over the backsplash of black tiles. There's nothing like coming home after a stressful day and hearing the peaceful sound of the water trickling into the basin. California doesn't get a lot of rain, but I can enjoy the sound anytime. Alaia screams in her first language and rests her hands on her head. "A waterfall?!"

"Wait till you see the rest of the place," I tell her. "Let's get your stuff to your room first."

Alaia's jaw drops as she takes in the sheer size of the home and all its luxurious details. The foyer's Swarovski crystal chandelier is so stunning that she covers her eyes and stumbles back in disbelief. "Damn, you trying to blind your guests?" she jokes. With my instruction, she walks towards the steps, gliding her hand against the smooth railing as she ascends. "I can't believe you live like this."

Sometimes I wake up in disbelief myself. I can't act like I came from poverty. My momma's career as a surgeon meant we never had to struggle financially. Still, owning a Malibu mansion with a private beachfront and a plethora of luxurious amenities one can wish for is a blessing. This shit didn't come easy.

I lug Alaia's belongings up the circular staircase as she takes the lead. "Where's everybody at?!" she asks. Everyone's supposed to be home, but we're often separated on the sprawling property. "Oh, I see! We're on the east wing. They must be on the west wing!"

"You think you're so hilarious," I say, laughing.

"Because I am," she says. Once she reaches the top of the stairs, she looks at me for directions.

I direct my head towards the right. "Third room down. It'll be on the left."

With each step, her eagerness propels her closer to the room. She's gonna freak out once she sees it. She has one of the best rooms in the house. I made it a point to prioritize her comfort, even if that meant a few minor renovations.

Alaia turns the knob and runs into her bedroom. My muscles thank me once I drop her luggage by the door. She buzzes around the bedroom like a bee, asking how everything is so perfect. Research.

I had interns at C4E do a deep dive into Alaia's interests and aesthetics before we met. The lavender and cream color scheme of the room reflects her favorite color. The smart lights allow Alaia to create the perfect ambiance by adjusting the brightness and hue of the room. She loves journaling, so I had a cushioned bench built against a grand window. She can lounge, journal, and revel in the views of the estate. She's an organizing neat freak, so I installed plenty of minimalist storage spots for her needs.

"This is like one of those rooms you see on Disney Channel!" she yells as she wasps around. She navigates to the digital piano in the room's corner. With a laugh, she turns her head and meets my gaze. "You know how cool this is? I learned how to play the piano when I was younger. My auntie got me one—nothing as extravagant as this one—but I loved it."

She runs her fingers over the piano's keys, producing a soft melody. A smile creeps across her face. "I had it for some years, but my momma broke it when I was twelve. She threw a tantrum because I forgot to wake her up for work. She told my auntie that I broke the piano because I was an ungrateful child. My auntie didn't believe her, but my mom told her she couldn't buy me another. I missed playing so much that I resorted to flirting with the pastor's son. We're the same age. He'd let me borrow the keys after church service if I kissed him on the cheek. As we got older, he wanted more than innocent kisses."

velvet paradise (ftm x fem)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें