Track 22

ALAIA

Last night, Jaire and I journaled on the secluded beach, embracing vulnerability and thriving in our divine connection. Our indescribable bond transcends the boundaries of the physical realm yet is undeniably real. Too real. We've only begun having sex, but last night was...different. I've made love before, but what transpired surpassed all instances. As Jaire produced those irresistible, satiated sounds in my ear, my heart sang with his tune. Our souls ascended with one another as our friction generated a scorching heat within the sheets. Gratification seeped into every corner of my being as I held his hand for dear life.

I never wanted to let it go.

I called him "Mine." A foolish mistake that lulled me into a dreamy state of bliss.

During my slumber, I envisioned him and me as a couple, but those fantasies are hundreds of moons away. A defined relationship may be in our destiny, but not now. He's not mine. I'm not his. It's a frustrating reality, but my cognizance is ringing clear, urging me not to get too invested too soon. Fate and time will intersect at the precise moment, propelling us on a joint evolutionary, sacred path. Until that juncture, it's wiser to appreciate the present rather than ponder the future possibilities.

"Dope," Jaire drags the word as he holds Cassie's camera.

When Serenity texted that we were having an impromptu photo shoot on the beach, I expected a mess of mismatched outfits and rushed photographs. Instead, the band dons comfy, luxe velvet pajamas in our own stylish way. We appear as an established group, returning to the music industry after an excruciating long hiatus. In most photos, I'm in the middle, sandwiched between Jaire and Harlem. While Harlem wears his top half-buttoned with a popped collar, Jaire rocks his relaxed and unbuttoned. His pants ride low, revealing his sculpted V-line. Though he has my fixation, we all look irresistible as our melanin pops on the Californian coast.

"This one's my favorite," Elise says, snatching the camera from Jaire. He smacks his lips and snarls at her. Elise beams and tilts the screen toward my face. The capture is of me, Drizz, and Elise. While Elise and I walk in stride with humored grins, Drizz has their arm around us, smirking as if we're a part of their football team of hoes. "Drizz looks a little too happy as if he has a chance with us." Elise shoots Drizz a discouraging grimace, her nose wrinkling in disgust. "Not gonna happen."

"Anything's possible," Drizz says with their permanent cocky smirk. They rub their hands with a smooth head nod. "I'd turn y'all inside out."

"Aye, what if we all had an orgy?" Harlem asks, his voice quizzical. "Not saying I'd want to, but imagine Jaire's dick in Elise's mouth while—"

"Whoa! Stop right there, sir!" Elise halts Harlem with a palm hovering over his face. "Save your little fantasies for when you're jerking your ding-a-ling in your hentai bedsheets later tonight."

"My sheets are Naruto-themed," Harlem corrects with a cut-and-dry voice. He swings his pink locs over his shoulder pretentiously. "But you wouldn't know since you've only watched Death Note, and don't take my other anime suggestions, cunt."

If Harlem said he had never said the word "cunt" before in his life, I'd believe him. His forceful yet unnatural use of the word gets me cackling and Elise whacking.

As Elise whips his ass, I swipe through the images. Of course, there's a snapshot of me and Harlem's childish ass. I'm in hot pursuit, relentlessly chasing him through the seashore as he cackles mischievously. Moments before, he scooped a pile of sand and dumped it down the back of my shirt. If running through the dunes wasn't so exhausting, he'd have a lump on his forehead. At least Elise is currently on the verge of giving him one.