Rose by any other name

When did he fall asleep especially in a place like this was probably the only thought on Ace's mind at the moment. After walking for more than an hour after leaving Kites's house he decided he was going to sit down and rest for a while. But now here he is the world a lot bigger than it should be only because he feels asleep. "This is so stupid. How am I going to get back to normal" sliding off a hill he walked into a large patch of grass. All the other grass around it was short enough for it to only come to his knees, but this went way over his head, to the point it almost looked like it was endlessly going up.

What looks like a loaf of bread with wings flies above him, and lands of a piece of grass that was bending over. "How strange" Ace had noticed how many things here were very literal to their names. The loaf of bread breaks apart into butter toast. "It's a butterfly" Ace said smiling as they flew away. "More specifically it's a bread and butter fly."

"I suppose you're right" Ace said before his turn realizing someone had said something. Then a rocking horse with wings flew by him. "And I suppose you're a rocking horse fly."

"Natural" the voices said again, for some reason the Ace thought that he had heard the voice before somewhere. Looking at the rose he heard the voice coming from, he said "I beg you pardon, oh nevermind flower can't talk."

"Of course we can talk" the rose said, "if there's anyone worth talking to" an iris said, "or about" a daisy added laughing. His grandma used to tell him that if he ever wanted to have talking flowers then he would have to plant them softly into the ground. Of course it never worked because the weather in the Valley of Rosethorns was either too hot or rainy, and they just got ruined. "Hey, what kind of flower are they?" Ask three pansies at the same time.

"I'm not sure. I thought they were a weed at first, but they don't smell like one" a tulip said. "Hey maybe there a wild flower" a tigerlily suggested. "Ummm, I'm not a flower, I'm a human" Ace told them. "Know there's no need to lie to us, dear. Like tulip said you don't smell like a weed, but I suppose the first Alice didn't either." The rose said. "Yes, but she also lied about being a weed in the first place" a violet butted in.

"My, my if she was a flower why would she want to be compared to a weed" one of the pansies said freighted. "She was quite young, maybe she didn't know she was a flower" a white rose said to the red rose. "Maybe, but back to the topic at hand. Little flower what kind of flower are you?" The red rose asked. "Umm, I suppose I'm a rose" Ace answer, he has a bunch of rose back home might as tell pretend to be one. "How nice, but I have another question for you" "yes?"

"Little rose why are out here and not with your garden?" the red rose asked Ace.
"Well I am trying to get home. I was told to go to the mad hatter because he could help me" Ace explained. "The mad hatter? How many Alice has it been since someone knew the mad hatter?" The iris said socked. "I head through the grapevine that the first Alice published books about us, so the last Alice was a fan of those books. But that was so long ago" the daisy told the other flowers.

"So then have you heard the name before, little rose" the iris asked. "No" that was a lie, he heard the name before it was a character from the story's his grandma told him, but something is telling him not to tell them that. "I see, but you can't go see her like this. Your way too small you never reach the table" the violet exclaimed. "She's right, little rose. It might be better for you to go see the caterpillar first" the white rose said.

"I don't know who that is" "don't worry you'll know him when you see him. Just tell him the flower sent you and he'll help" the red rose told him. "Thank you, but I don't know where to start looking" "oh, you find him to the east of here just keep walking straight" the tigerlily said pointing to the east with one of her leaves. "Thanks, I would love to keep talking with you but I do have to get going"

"Oh, do you not have time to stay ever for one song?" the pansies asked. "Yes, yes I know we told you can go, but please stay for one song" the daisy asked though it almost sounded like she was begging him to stay a little longer. All the flowers seemed to like the idea because they all asked for him to stay a little longer. "Now, now girls give the little rose a minute to make up their mind" the red rose yelled to the other flowers. "Why does this fell like a big decision?" Thought Ace
.
.
.
.
If you are wondering what the Valley of Rosethorns is it's a place I made up for Ace to live at. For some reason I thought the Queendom of Rose was this super small place and that is why trey and Riddle knew each other. Don't ask why I thought that but anyway Ace doesn't live in the Queendom of Rose anymore in this au I guess.